Author Topic: NFL Bans Tailgating at Super Bowl  (Read 968 times)

Offline flowers

NFL Bans Tailgating at Super Bowl
« on: December 09, 2013, 08:56:51 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2013/12/09/NFL-Bans-Tailgating-at-Super-Bowl

The NFL will ban tailgating at this year's Super Bowl and prevent fans from walking to the event, which will take place on Feb. 2, 2013 at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. The event may get more complicated if it snows that weekend and the Super Bowl becomes the "Ice Bowl"

"You will be allowed to have food in your car and have drink in you car," Super Bowl Committee Chair Al Kelly reportedly said on Monday. "And provided you're in the boundaries of a single parking space, you'll be able to eat or drink right next to your car. However you're not going to be able to take out a lounge chair, you're not going to be able to take out a grill and you're not going to be able to take up more than one parking space. And it'll all be watched very carefully."

In addition, because there will be fewer than 13,000 parking spots for fans, most of the 80,000 ticket-holding fans will have to go to the game via a charter "bus called the Fan Express, which will cost $51 and pick up and drop off passengers at nine locations around the region." Or, "fans can also take N.J. Transit to the MetLife Stadium stop."

Kelly said black cars, taxis, or limos will not be allowed as well without a parking pass, "and any car that drops off a passenger will have to wait at the stadium."

"Nobody's going to be dropped off by black car," Kelly said. "You can have a black car a green car a white car a red car as long as you have parking, and the car needs to stay on premises the entire time."

In addition, fans cannot park far from the stadium and walk to the Super Bowl.

"You cannot walk to the Super Bowl," Kelly said. "You can get your hotel to drop you off at one of the New Jersey Transit locations or get the shuttle to take you to a Fan Express location, but you can not walk."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:58:02 pm by flowers »

Offline Millee

Re: NFL Bans Tailgating at Super Bowl
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:04:53 pm »
"You will be allowed to have food in your car and have drink in you car,"

Well, isn't that nice of them.  :nometalk:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 09:39:03 pm »
Good luck with that one.  Instead they better worry about what the hell they will do if they have a snowstorm like what hit Philly, since MetLife Stadium is open air....

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 10:12:17 pm »
Good luck with that one.  Instead they better worry about what the hell they will do if they have a snowstorm like what hit Philly, since MetLife Stadium is open air....
Did you watch that game? What a wild one!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 10:23:23 pm »
Did you watch that game? What a wild one!

yep...reminded me of my younger days and a couple of games in the old Cleveland Stadium.  We used to tailgate in the airport parking lot next door and I've cooked many a shrimp on a barbecue in a blinding blizzard like that one Sunday.

There was one play when three guys went for the football and hit the foot deep endzone at the same time.  They disappeared in the huge POOF of snow.  I was impressed how the network was imposing yard lines and numbers on top of the white field so you could at least get some feel for what was going on, but what a game!! 

Didja know it was 2 below zero at Lambo Field at gametime??  The football might as well be carved from granite....

:beer:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:23:49 pm by Chieftain »

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 10:59:36 pm »
yep...reminded me of my younger days and a couple of games in the old Cleveland Stadium.  We used to tailgate in the airport parking lot next door and I've cooked many a shrimp on a barbecue in a blinding blizzard like that one Sunday.

There was one play when three guys went for the football and hit the foot deep endzone at the same time.  They disappeared in the huge POOF of snow.  I was impressed how the network was imposing yard lines and numbers on top of the white field so you could at least get some feel for what was going on, but what a game!! 

Didja know it was 2 below zero at Lambo Field at gametime??  The football might as well be carved from granite....

:beer:

I was wondering how they kept those yard lines and numbers cleaned off....then I saw the people with those blowers. It  was fun to watch.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 11:20:44 pm »
I find it odd they'd have an outdoor Super Bowl in a cold-weather city.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org