Author Topic: Hollande forced to add 400 troops to CAR deployment  (Read 234 times)

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Conspiracy engineer. Low rates.
Hollande forced to add 400 troops to CAR deployment
« on: December 09, 2013, 06:01:44 AM »
Via the Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/centralafricanrepublic/10502905/Hollande-forced-to-add-400-troops-to-CAR-deployment.html

Mr Hollande said reinforcements to a UN-mandated force would reach 1,600 troops - 400 more than previously envisaged - by Saturday evening and had been told to "disarm all the militias and armed groups terrorising the population".

The Red Cross has recovered at least 300 bodies after days of bloody clashes as parts of the country have become a no-go zone after gun and machete-wielding fighters waged battles before the deployment is complete.

Rebels known as Seleka overthrew the government in March and installing Michel Djotodia from the Muslim north as president. The death toll has risen in recent days as the UN Security Council voted to authorise African and French troops to use force to keep the peace.

France warned the sectarian division underpinning the fighting could lead to genocide but the upsurge in attacks has now forced Mr Hollande to add 400 to the planned deployment of 1,200.

Mr Djotodia unified rebel groups in the Muslim north to take power but is opposed by Christian fighters loyal to his predecessor.

We are looking at another Rwanda here. That was a shithole and a half.
The fastest way to a man's heart? Inch to the right of the breastbone, between the fourth and fifth rib.

Every time I start to feel boring, I remember there is a monthly magazine devoted to elevators.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
Re: Hollande forced to add 400 troops to CAR deployment
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:18:31 AM »
Do you know how many Frenchmen it takes to defend Paris?  No one knows since they've never tried it.  Lots of French Army rifles on sale at E-Bay, too, with the notation "never fired, dropped once." :silly:
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. Abraham Lincoln

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Conspiracy engineer. Low rates.
Re: Hollande forced to add 400 troops to CAR deployment
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 09:25:19 AM »
"Their business is war, and they do their business." - Kipling, referring to the French.
The fastest way to a man's heart? Inch to the right of the breastbone, between the fourth and fifth rib.

Every time I start to feel boring, I remember there is a monthly magazine devoted to elevators.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf