Author Topic: Cornel West: 'We Are Witnessing the Santa Clausification of Nelson Mandela'  (Read 1153 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Since the announcement of Nelson Mandela's death Thursday, the media have been in a virtual wall to wall tribute to his life and legacy. Yet not everyone thinks they're painting an accurate picture of the man.

Quite the contrary, Cornel West told CNN's Jake Tapper Friday, "We are witnessing the Santa Clausification of Nelson Mandela" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/12/07/cornel-west-we-are-witnessing-santa-clausification-nelson-mandela#ixzz2muGyE04U

Offline SouthTexas

Amazing.  Contrary to continued media reports and even by some here, a faint touch on reality.

First comment:

Thank you, Cornel. A progressive finally acknowledges what I've been saying since he died: he's a radical communist who engaged in lovely practices like "necklacing" (hanging a used tire around someone's neck, filling it with gasoline and lighting it on fire...Santa Clause indeed).

BUT...

He is black, he has been deified by the progressive media and Obama loves him.

Game over.

December 7th...a date which will live in infamy. Exemplified by Google's main page today. They pay homage to the important event of the day. Never mind that...oh, what was it...some accident in a Hawaiian port way back when...:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
In the world we live in today, Pearl Harbor was nothing more than 'workplace violence', or one may say 'a man caused disaster'.

America is no longer approching 'the cliff', we have already jumped off of it. Nothing left but to continue to fall. That is all there is.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cornel West: We Are Witnessing the 'Santa Claus-ification' of Nelson Mandela
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 09:38:31 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/12/07/Cornel-West-We-Are-Witnessing-the-Santa-Clausification-of-Nelson-Mandela

7 Dec 2013

Cornel West "I think no doubt we are. I mean, Nelson Mandela's a spiritual giant, moral titan, and political revolutionary. We are witnessing the Santa Claus-ification of Nelson Mandela. We turned the revolutionary into an old man, a huggable old man with toys in a bag, smile on his face, no threat to anybody, domesticated, tamed, and no longer really full of the fire. But we know at 95, brother Nelson Mandela was still full of fire. He had that militant tenderness and subversive sweetness and radical gentleness tied to refusing to be fearful or intimidated in the face of a vicious white supremacist apartheid regime."

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/12/07/Cornel-West-We-Are-Witnessing-the-Santa-Clausification-of-Nelson-Mandela

7 Dec 2013

Cornel West "I think no doubt we are. I mean, Nelson Mandela's a spiritual giant, moral titan, and political revolutionary. We are witnessing the Santa Claus-ification of Nelson Mandela. We turned the revolutionary into an old man, a huggable old man with toys in a bag, smile on his face, no threat to anybody, domesticated, tamed, and no longer really full of the fire. But we know at 95, brother Nelson Mandela was still full of fire. He had that militant tenderness and subversive sweetness and radical gentleness tied to refusing to be fearful or intimidated in the face of a vicious white supremacist apartheid regime."

video at link

Good.  That's the best way to defang someone.

Offline olde north church

steppin' fetchit or that old black guy who danced down the steps with Shirley Temple
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline mountaineer

steppin' fetchit or that old black guy who danced down the steps with Shirley Temple
Nelson "Bojangles" Mandela.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan