Author Topic: Pelosi: unemployment benefits one of best ways to grow economy  (Read 1550 times)

rangerrebew

Pelosi: unemployment benefits one of best ways to grow economy
« on: December 08, 2013, 02:02:16 pm »
Pelosi: Unemployment Benefits Are “One Of The Best Ways To Grow The Economy”

Posted By Philip Hodges on Dec 7, 2013

The White House just got through claiming that food stamps were a great way to “boost the economy.” Perhaps if they wanted to boost the economy even more and lift us out of this economic downturn, they would give us all food stamps.

Now, Nancy Pelosi is speaking out against letting the federal unemployment compensation program expire at the end of this year. She said that extending these jobless benefits is “one of the best ways to grow the economy”:

“Economists agree that unemployment benefits remain one of the best ways to grow the economy in a very immediate way. It immediately injects demand into our markets and increases employment. For every dollar spent on unemployment benefits, the economy grows by, according to one estimate, $1.52; by others, $2. So somewhere in that range, but much more than is spent on it… We have a responsibility to the American people. These are people who have played by the rules, have lost their job through no fault of their own, and need these benefits in order to survive. So we must extend this insurance before the end of the year and we must extend it for at least a year. And I’d like to see that as we go forward before this year ends. Hopefully it could be part of a budget, but it doesn’t have to be part of a budget. It could be in its own vehicle as it goes forward, but it’s something we must consider.”

She wants to turn unemployment compensation into just another welfare program. I know people who have purposely “lost their jobs” just so they could collect unemployment. As with any other welfare program, people find ways to game the system in order to get something for nothing.

But see, those people are probably Pelosi’s biggest fans. She wants these former “safety net” programs to be full-fledged welfare programs, because it means she and her teammates get to stay in office. She and the rest of her party and much of the “opposing” party are profiting from this economic malaise by offering to take care of those Americans who lost their jobs (either voluntarily or involuntarily). They’re just buying votes, like they usually do.

But these people are being fleeced. At some point, these programs will run out of other people’s money, and the “beneficiaries” will have to experience “austerity measures.” These austerity measures are like depriving an alcoholic of alcohol.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/3947/pelosi-unemployment-benefits-one-best-ways-grow-economy/#HufVkC1IyZc328Gh.99

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Pelosi: unemployment benefits one of best ways to grow economy
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 04:58:31 pm »
If the economy is still doing well, why do we need an extension of unemployment benefits??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 05:47:59 pm »
If the economy is still doing well, why do we need an extension of unemployment benefits??

Why don't we all just take six months off?  The economy would be booming by summer!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 06:05:19 pm »
Why don't we all just take six months off?  The economy would be booming by summer!

Why ask why??

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 06:16:47 pm »
Why ask why??

Can you imagine my text to the boss, he's on vacation.  "I'm shutting everything down in support of Pelosi's views on stimulus."

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 06:18:57 pm »
Can you imagine my text to the boss, he's on vacation.  "I'm shutting everything down in support of Pelosi's views on stimulus."

You will be out of job so fast you will be collecting unemployment. She must be smoking some good stuff.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 06:28:50 pm »
Liberals are insane. They live in a fantasy world in their minds. And no amount of proof for actual reality will shake their views.

Liberals are not interested in 'what is', reality is just an impediment. What Liberals care about is 'what should be' the truth. And they firmly believe that by 'wishing' it, they can 'make' it happen.

Liberals are insane...oh, did I say that already?

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 06:31:31 pm »
Liberals are insane. They live in a fantasy world in their minds. And no amount of proof for actual reality will shake their views.

Liberals are not interested in 'what is', reality is just an impediment. What Liberals care about is 'what should be' the truth. And they firmly believe that by 'wishing' it, they can 'make' it happen.

What you said.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 09:51:52 pm »
You will be out of job so fast you will be collecting unemployment. She must be smoking some good stuff.

Hey, 99 weeks if they DON"T extend it!  Not a bad vacation.

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 09:55:29 pm »
Hey, 99 weeks if they DON"T extend it!  Not a bad vacation.

And thanks to an Obama presidential order, they don't even have to look for work. :thud:

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 11:40:39 pm »
And thanks to an Obama presidential order, they don't even have to look for work. :thud:

LOL, I don't want to go out in the cold tomorrow anyway!

Offline raml

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 12:05:28 am »
Obviously brains are not a requirement to be a government employee or an elected official. The voters also aren't required to have brains to vote and that is why our government has the type of leaders we do. God help us all because no one else can these days.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 03:39:04 am »
Looks like we're moving towards the establishment of a "permanently unemployed" class of people -- supported not by welfare benefits, but by unemployment "compensation"....

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 04:13:41 am »

Definitely.