Author Topic: Red State Democrat: Obamacare Has Good Concepts and I Would ‘Support It Again’  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/05/red-state-democrat-obamacare-has-good-conepts-and-i-would-support-it-again/

Red State Democrat: Obamacare Has Good Concepts and I Would ‘Support It Again’
Dec. 5, 2013 5:30pm Becket Adams

Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) said Wednesday that the Affordable Care Act, which has lead to the cancellation of millions of private health insurance policies, is a “good concept” and that she’d “support it again.”

“The Affordable Care Act as I said, the bill itself, has very good concepts. And yes, I would support it again,” she said in an interview with WAFB-TV.

“But that doesn’t excuse the poor rollout of what should have happened. There should not have been a glitch in the software,”

Landrieu’s defense of Obamacare comes at a time when the health care law’s disastrous rollout has badly damaged her approval rating in the otherwise red state.

In fact, it’s widely believed the Louisiana was prompted to sponsor the “Keeping the Affordable Care Act Promise Act,” a bill that would allow Americans to keep their old health insurance policies, precisely because of Obamacare’s many failures.

But perhaps the senator’s defense of the health care law on Wednesday isn’t that surprising.

After all, she pledged her support for the bill last August, saying, “if I had to vote for the bill again, I would vote for it tomorrow.” Further, in 2009, she said should be be “100 percent accountable” if Obamacare failed.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/05/red-state-democrat-obamacare-has-good-conepts-and-i-would-support-it-again/

Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) said Wednesday that the Affordable Care Act, which has lead to the cancellation of millions of private health insurance policies, is a “good concept” and that she’d “support it again.”

“The Affordable Care Act as I said, the bill itself, has very good concepts. And yes, I would support it again,” she said in an interview with WAFB-TV.

“But that doesn’t excuse the poor rollout of what should have happened. There should not have been a glitch in the software,”

Landrieu’s defense of Obamacare comes at a time when the health care law’s disastrous rollout has badly damaged her approval rating in the otherwise red state.

In fact, it’s widely believed the Louisiana was prompted to sponsor the “Keeping the Affordable Care Act Promise Act,” a bill that would allow Americans to keep their old health insurance policies, precisely because of Obamacare’s many failures.

But perhaps the senator’s defense of the health care law on Wednesday isn’t that surprising.

After all, she pledged her support for the bill last August, saying, “if I had to vote for the bill again, I would vote for it tomorrow.” Further, in 2009, she said should be be “100 percent accountable” if Obamacare failed.

Isn't Mary exempt from obamacare?

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here

Maybe Ditzy Debbie was right and the Dems will run on 0bamacare.  If so, the GOP can expect big gains, in spite of the ineptitude of the establishment wing.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Oceander

Maybe Ditzy Debbie was right and the Dems will run on 0bamacare.  If so, the GOP can expect big gains, in spite of the ineptitude of the establishment wing.

I wish I could be so sanguine.  The GOP expected big gains in 2012, and we all know how that turned out.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
I wish I could be so sanguine.  The GOP expected big gains in 2012, and we all know how that turned out.

The one difference in 2012 and 2014 is that Obama is not running.  Without him on the ticket, many of his zombie followers will not turn out to vote.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

The one difference in 2012 and 2014 is that Obama is not running.  Without him on the ticket, many of his zombie followers will not turn out to vote.

The democrats already have a well-developed electoral fraud machine that they'll put into full gear in 2014.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The democrats already have a well-developed electoral fraud machine that they'll put into full gear in 2014.
We can agree on this too.

Offline olde north church

If you got the names, you don't need the bodies.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

Landrieu still thinks the only problem with Obamacare is a bad website! Cluuueless!

rangerrebew

Landrieu still thinks the only problem with Obamacare is a bad website! Cluuueless!

Liberals always believe intent to be far more important than reality. :headbang:

Not necessarily.  She is stuck between a rock and a hard place.  She may have done polls that show her bleeding support with the rat base because she has been a vocal critic of Obamacare.  She switched tactics.  She may know she is going down with Obamacare no matter what she says and she would rather be a doomed rat cheerleader than give the GOP ammunition.

rangerrebew

Not necessarily.  She is stuck between a rock and a hard place.  She may have done polls that show her bleeding support with the rat base because she has been a vocal .  She may know she is going down with Obamacare no matter what she says and she would rather be a doomed rat cheerleader than give the GOP ammunition.

She may also have been informed her life isn't worth a plug nickel is she continues criticizing Obamacare. 11513

Offline aligncare

Not necessarily.  She is stuck between a rock and a hard place.  She may have done polls that show her bleeding support with the rat base because she has been a vocal critic of Obamacare.  She switched tactics.  She may know she is going down with Obamacare no matter what she says and she would rather be a doomed rat cheerleader than give the GOP ammunition.

Okay, then ... Landrieu still making believe the only problem with Obamacare is a bad website.

There. Fixed it. Still correcting papers? teach.

Okay, then ... Landrieu still making believe the only problem with Obamacare is a bad website.
There. Fixed it. Still correcting papers? teach.
please post it 10 times for the whole class

"Repetition breeds familiarity. Familiarity breeds confidence. Confidence breeds success." -Stanley H. Kaplan.

Oceander

please post it 10 times for the whole class

"Repetition breeds familiarity. Familiarity breeds confidence. Confidence breeds success." -Stanley H. Kaplan.

I thought familiarity bred contempt.  Does contempt breed confidence?   :shrug:

Offline aligncare

LOL! Got it!

Offline aligncare

I thought familiarity bred contempt.  Does contempt breed confidence?   :shrug:

I'm thoroughly familiar with my ex-wife. I can say that with confidence.  :beer:

Oceander

Which would be consistent with what many republicans are calling for:  better to stand against the democrats, even on personally objectionable issues, than divide the party and give the democrats ammunition to use against the republicans, even if that reduces one's chances of getting re-elected in one's district.

Offline happyg

The bad roll out was the best thing to happen to millions of people. They found out what was in ACA, and don't like it one bit!

Oceander

The bad roll out was the best thing to happen to millions of people. They found out what was in ACA, and don't like it one bit!

agreed