Author Topic: Obama’s First Occidental College Protest in Support of Mandela Was Sponsored By Marxists  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/12/obama-mentions-his-first-political-protest-in-his-statement-on-mandela-that-was-sponsored-by-marxists/

Obama’s First Occidental College Protest in Support of Mandela Was Sponsored By Marxists
Posted by Jim Hoft on Friday, December 6, 2013, 11:47 AM

Barack Obama delivered a statement on the passing of Nelson Mandela yesterday. During his speech he told about his first public speech on apartheid at Occidental College.

“I am one of the countless millions who drew inspiration from Nelson Mandela’s life. My very first political action, the first thing I ever did that involved an issue or a policy or politics, was a protest against apartheid. I studied his words and his writings.”

But, Barack Obama forgot to mention that his speech at Occidental was sponsored by Marxists and Weatherman terrorists.

Barack Obama’s first public speech was at an Occidental College event sponsored by the Students for Economic Democracy a branch of the Campaign for Economic Democracy [CED]. Far Left radical Tom Hayden who met with Marxist officials several times during his antiwar career chaired this fringe group in the late 70′s and early ’80′s. Several of the CED principal activists were also veterans of the Hayden-campaign and of the very radical group, Students for a Democratic Society.

Barack Obama does not include his time at Occidental College on his resume but old friends and former teachers remember his role in protesting college investments in firms doing business in South Africa during the apartheid era.

Tom Hayden wrote this on Barack Obama at the far left Common Dreams website:

I didn’t see him coming. When I heard of the young state senator with a background in community organizing who wanted to be president, I was at least sentient enough to be interested. When I read Dreams of My Father, I was taken aback by its depth. This young man apparently gave his first public speech, against South African apartheid, at an Occidental College rally organized by Students for Economic Democracy, the student branch of the Campaign for Economic Democracy [CED] which I chaired in 1979-82. The buds of curiosity quickened. Soon I was receiving emails from David Peck, an organizer of the Occidental rally, who now is coordinating Americans in Spain for Barack Obama.

In 1969 Hayden’s students for democracy group began imploding into factions. One of them, a group calling itself Weatherman, was elected to SDS leadership and proclaimed that the time had come to launch a race war on behalf of the Third World and against the United States. The Weatherman declared “war on AmeriKKKa” at its Flint War Council in 1969.

The new entity dissolved Hayden’s Students for a Democratic Society and formed a terrorist cult in its place, which was given the name Weather Underground.

How odd that way back in the beginning of Barack Obama’s speaking career the group he was involved with had links to Marxists, the Weatherman and Bill Ayers.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

You all remember who Tom Hayden is don't you.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

I remember those horrendous days of the 60s and 70s.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

I remember those horrendous days of the 60s and 70s.  **nononono*

Dark, dark days...........

And now the bad guys from those days are running the country.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

I'm sharing this one on FB.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

I was to young to care about politics Rap, who is he

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline raml

He was a 60's radical who became known through being a Vietnam war protester and he also protested for civil rights  who married Jane Fonda. They made a very wacky couple.

Offline flowers

He was a 60's radical who became known through being a Vietnam war protester and he also protested for civil rights  who married Jane Fonda. They made a very wacky couple.
I knew he was married to Fonda, so that right there told me he had to be a bad guy.

Offline Rapunzel

He was also one of the Chicago 7......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Seven

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Hayden

Hayden drafted SDS's manifesto, the Port Huron Statement, subtitled "An Agenda for a Generation," which is credited with making the term "participatory democracy" common parlance.[4] The objective of the Port Huron Statement was the creation a "radically new democratic political movement" in the United States that rejected hierarchy and bureaucracy. This ideal would become the centerpiece of the student movement of the 1960s, a movement that came to be known as the New Left.[5]

From 1964 to 1968, he lived in Newark, New Jersey, where he worked with impoverished inner-city residents as part of the Newark Community Union Project. He was also witness to the city's race riots of 1967 and wrote the book Rebellion in Newark: Official Violence and Ghetto Response (1967).

In 1965, Hayden, along with CPUSA member Herbert Aptheker and Quaker peace activist Staughton Lynd undertook a controversial visit to North Vietnam and Hanoi. The three toured villages and factories and met with an American POW whose plane had been shot down. The result of this tour of North Vietnam, at a high point in the war, was a book titled The Other Side.[6][7] Staughton Lynd later wrote that the New Left disavowed "the Anti-Communism of the previous generation" and that Lynd and Hayden had written in Studies on the Left that, "We refuse to be anti-Communist, We insist the term has lost all the specific content it once had." [8]

Hayden in 1968 played a major role in the protests outside the Democratic National Convention in Chicago, Illinois. Six months after the convention he and other protesters including Abbie Hoffman and Jerry Rubin were indicted on federal charges of conspiracy and incitement to riot as part of the "Chicago Eight". Hayden and four others were convicted of crossing state lines to incite a riot, but the charges were reversed on appeal.

Tom Hayden made several other well-publicized visits to North Vietnam as well as Cambodia during America's involvement in the Vietnam War, including an especially controversial one during 1972 to North Vietnam with his future wife, actress Jane Fonda. The next year he married Fonda and they had one child, Troy Garity, born on 7 July 1973. In 1974, while the Vietnam War was still ongoing, the documentary Introduction to the Enemy was released, a collaboration by Jane Fonda, Tom Hayden, Haskell Wexler, among others. It depicts their travels through North and South Vietnam in the spring of 1974. [9]

Hayden also founded the Indochina Peace Campaign (IPC), which operated from 1972 to 1975. The IPC, operating in Boston, New York, Detroit, Santa Clara, mobilized dissent against the Vietnam War, demanded unconditional amnesty for U.S. Draft Dodgers, among other aims. Jane Fonda, a supporter of the IPC, later turned this moniker into a name for her film production firm, IPC Films, which produced in whole or in part, movies and documentaries such as F.T.A. (1972), Introduction to the Enemy (1974), The China Syndrome (1979), Nine to Five (1980), and On Golden Pond (1981).[10][11]

Writing about Hayden's role in the 1960s New Left, Nicholas Lemann, national correspondent for The Atlantic, said that "Tom Hayden changed America", calling him "father to the largest mass protests in American history", and Richard N. Goodwin, who was a speechwriter for presidents Lyndon B. Johnson and John F. Kennedy, said that Hayden, "without even knowing it, inspired the Great Society.[12] Staughton Lynd, though, was critical of the Port Huron and New Left concept of "participatory democracy" stating, "we must recognize that when an organization grows to a certain size, consensus decision-making is no longer possible and some form of representative government becomes necessary." [13]

In 2007, Hayden made news for his speech at the wedding of his son Troy, where, as the New Yorker wrote, he "said that he was especially happy about his son's union with actress Simone Bent, who is black, because, among other things, it was 'another step in a long-term goal of mine: the peaceful, nonviolent disappearance of the white race.'"[14]

Offline Rapunzel

a little more........

Hayden serves as a member of the advisory board for the Progressive Democrats of America, an organization created to increase progressive political cooperation and influence within the Democratic Party.[15] He also serves on the advisory board of the Levantine Cultural Center, a nonprofit organization founded in Los Angeles in 2001 that champions cultural literacy about the Middle East and North Africa.

During January 2008, Hayden wrote an opinion essay for the website The Huffington Post endorsing Barack Obama's presidential bid in the Democratic primaries.[16] and the same year helped initiate Progressives for Obama (now called Progressive America Rising), a group of political progressives that provided assistance for Obama in his initial presidential campaign.[17]

Hayden is known widely in California as a staunch endorser of animal rights and was responsible for writing the bill popularly known as the Hayden Act,[18] which improved protection of pets and extended holding periods for pets confined as strays or surrendered to shelters.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Thomas Emmet "Tom" Hayden (born December 11, 1939) is an American social and political activist, author, and politician, who is director of the Peace and Justice Resource Center in Culver City, California. Known best for his major role as an anti-war, civil rights and radical intellectual counterculture activist, Hayden is the former husband of actress "Hanoi" Jane Fonda and the father of their son, actor Troy Garity.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien