Author Topic: What This Couple Built In Their Snowy Backyard Made Me Insanely Jealous. Seriously…Wow.  (Read 986 times)

Offline R4 TrumPence

What This Couple Built In Their Snowy Backyard Made Me Insanely Jealous. Seriously…Wow.

December 6, 2013 Stories

Daniel Gray, a New Zealander visiting Canada with his Canadian girlfriend to meet her family found a very unique way to spend some of his time during their cold December visit.

With the help of his girlfriend (Kathleen Starrie) and her family, he build the most amazing thing in their Edmonton backyard.

“I wanted to keep him occupied, not with my daughter necessarily. I wanted to keep him busy with something else,” Starrie’s mother Brigid Burton said with a laugh, “I didn’t want Daniel to just be twiddling his thumbs while he’s here in Canada so I thought, this needs to be something that’s got some meat to it.”

And so the construction began. The couple, along with help from Starrie’s parents and even a friendly neighbour, spent five days building what you’re about to see.

They started out by clearing out some snow to create space.

Then the first layer of ice blocks, built from milk cartons they collected, added coloring to, and froze.

See all the pictures at the link.. There are more!
http://www.viralnova.com/backyard-igloo/

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline mountaineer

Cool (but that jacket's got to go!).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

Neat! I wish I would have thought of good stuff like that when the boys were young. I'm not energetic enough for the grandkids like I was back then.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Talk about having way too much time on your hands.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
That is way cool.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Oceander

I wonder what the neighbors think of it.