Author Topic: Obama to give wind farms 30 year pass on eagle deaths  (Read 1030 times)

rangerrebew

Obama to give wind farms 30 year pass on eagle deaths
« on: December 06, 2013, 06:19:09 pm »
Obama to Give Wind Farms 30-Year Pass on Eagle Deaths

The Obama administration is about to approve a rule that will ensure the death of golden and bald eagles for the next 30 more years.

Hundreds of thousands of birds die each year flying into the deadly turbine blades atop the soaring towers that compose wind farms. The rule will give wind farms thirty year permits for the “non purposeful take of eagles-that is where the take is associated with but not the purpose of, the activity.’’ The take of eagles is also a euphemism for the slaughter of them.

The wind farms fulfill Obama’s ambitious pursuit of developing renewable energy sources. Unfortunately, some bird species being destroyed by the turbines are not renewable. As a result, Obama finds himself wedged between the ire of opposing green groups. In July, wildlife groups met with administration officials and lobbied against the granting of 30 year permits for energy companies that own the wind farms. 

Wildlife groups are advocating shorter leases and insist that a 30-year free pass for eagle “taking” is too long. They argue that before we are stuck with three decades of the rule, there are still some unanswered questions about how to prevent the destroying of the birds. Julie Falkner, the Defenders of Wildlife’s Senior Director of Renewable Energy Programs pondered, “The question is what is the science telling us about how to prevent eagle takings, and we’re still waiting for the science to tell us how that works.” 

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/05/Obama-to-Sign-Rule-Allowing-Death-of-Eagles
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:20:00 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Obama to give wind farms 30 year pass on eagle deaths
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 06:29:47 pm »
Obama, aka "Chief Eagle Killer"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 06:49:19 pm »
Obama, aka "Chief Eagle Killer"

Allowing eagles to be killed is no problem if you are trying to destroy the symbols of American freedom. :Obounce:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 07:13:56 pm »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 07:17:25 pm »
the “non purposeful take of eagles-that is where the take is associated with but not the purpose of, the activity.’’

Yes, your honor, I did shoot that bald eagle but the purpose of my activity at the time was to test my new rifle.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 08:34:42 pm »
Those turbines won't last that long.  Many are already obsolete and close to their maximum designed service life.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 08:38:39 pm »
Those turbines won't last that long.  Many are already obsolete and close to their maximum designed service life.

Not to mention an unsightly blight on the landscape.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 08:43:03 pm »
Ain't that the truth?: Not to mention an unsightly blight on the landscape.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 08:45:19 pm »
When we drove across country   a few years ago, we saw them all over the place. Then a few years after that we drove a the same time of the year past those wind farms, most of the turbines were offline.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 09:18:11 pm »
Compare those big, ugly wind turbines to the little oil and gas wells, that look inconspicuous along the roads.

And they actually provide us with ENERGY........

(I think wind farms are the ugliest thing to hit the environment since strip mining).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 11:21:55 am »
Don't forget, with liberalism the INTENT is more important than the outcome so the windmill program will be considered a "success" no matter how unsuccessful. 13291

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 01:47:37 pm »
I wish the Worm would stop doing this.

How the hell am I supposed to write comedy? The White House is stealing my damned job!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink