Author Topic: She's back! Lindsey Vonn all smiles as she makes first World Cup training run in 10 months down favorite slope to declare injured right knee as 'stable'  (Read 609 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2518550/Lindsey-Vonn-smiles-World-Cup-training-run-10-months.html

She's the fastest female skier in the world, but Lindsey Vonn was testing, not competing, when making her first World Cup training run today in 10 months.

Returning to her prized foreground, Lake Louise in Alberta - a course that has been dubbed 'Lake Lindsey' after the Olympian took 14 World Cup race victories there - the 29-year-old slid across her first finish line since February and declared her repaired right knee was 'stable'.

Vonn will wait until after the training run on Thursday to decide whether to race for the first time since a high-speed crash at the world championships in February, where she tore two ligaments in her knee and broke a bone in her lower leg.

'Happy to be out there,' Vonn said.

Offline Rapunzel

I thought I read the knee needed surgery after her fall last month.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Today marks 17 weeks since surgery on my shoulder, which was fractured (humeral head, 3 parts, displaced), repaired with a plate and 12 screws.

I started rehab therapy in the 3rd week. I was told by the physician it takes one full year to fully recover.

The doctor said it takes 6 months for the bone to fully heal. A therapist told me joint repairs take longer to rehab.

All in all, being ready to competitively ski, after 10 months seems pretty aggressive.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline NavyCanDo

"Lindsey Vonn returned to the slopes on Wednesday in her first proper downhill training run since seriously injuring her knee during a high-speed crash in February"

February????    That's what through me off on this story because we all know she reinjured the same knee at the end of November. 

Lindsey Vonn suffers multiple injuries in training crash  (NOV 20th)

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/19/sport/lindsey-vonn-crashes/index.html

In any case I hope she responds well to therapy and gets to compete.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn