Author Topic: Giant ice storm set freezes half the US: Millions battle snowfall and terrible conditions as temperatures hit MINUS 40  (Read 868 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2518562/Winter-storm-Cleon-delivers-heavy-snowfall-icy-conditions-East-Midwest.html

As winter storm Cleon continues its Arctic onslaught into the weekend, much of the country will be trounced by freezing temperatures, major snowfall and treacherous ice.

The storm has delivered heavy snow to the Rockies and upper midwest. From Thursday into Friday, the southern Plains and the Ohio Valley will be the worst hit by snow and ice.

Icy blasts are making road conditions treacherous for drivers across western regions of the U.S.
According to the National Weather Service in Riverton, Wyoming, temperatures dipped as low as 37 degrees below zero on Wednesday.

The next town over from us will be -19 Saturday. They are usually 10 degrees higher in temp than we are.We usually get the minus 22 in January we are ahead of schedule this year.Never have seen it lower than -22 in the 9 years we have lived here. Last time we put ice cube trays outside to see how long it would take to freeze, i forget now how long it took. 

Offline Rapunzel

A rip-roaring 50 here today, going down to 31 tonight.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online rustynail

Extreme weather events are the number one sign of man caused global warming.
(some say)

Offline musiclady

A rip-roaring 50 here today, going down to 31 tonight.

Temp's dropping like a rock here, and it's starting to rain a bit.

Next the beloved "wintry mix" and then snow.....

Glad I'm home grading papers.     ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Coming my way tonight...they are still not sure how much snow we will get...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Projected to drop into the 30s overnight, for the next 5 days in my Faire Village by the Pacific Seas.

That is about 10 degrees F below historic averages, for December. I'm sure you folks admire my sacrifice.

Out now to walk 5 miles, in sunny chilly weather.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
It's very cold in Vegas, highs barely touching 40...maybe snow in the valley by Saturday.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline mountaineer

Temp's dropping like a rock here, and it's starting to rain a bit.

Next the beloved "wintry mix" and then snow.....

Glad I'm home grading papers.     ^-^
Yeah, we're a couple of hours behind you, weatherwise, so I know what to expect. Yesterday I played golf in short sleeves. Tomorrow I'll be worrying about Mr. M getting to work on icy, hilly, winding roads.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Extreme weather events are the number one sign of man caused global warming.
(some say)

Global warming causes global cooling.  Didn't you watch "The Day After Tomorrow?" <sarcasm>
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline musiclady

Yeah, we're a couple of hours behind you, weatherwise, so I know what to expect. Yesterday I played golf in short sleeves. Tomorrow I'll be worrying about Mr. M getting to work on icy, hilly, winding roads.

Yeah.............the contrast is a killer, isn't it?

Talked with one of our kids in MN, and she said it was about 5 degrees there today.

Yikes!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cincinnatus

FWIW, in the 20s here today with clear skies. Slated to get below zero tonight which would be a record low for this time of year. No snow until next week, maybe.

Oops, south central Washington state.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 01:05:53 am by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams