Author Topic: Sarah Palin Reacts to Bashir Resignation: ‘My Role Is to Accept His Apology’  (Read 541 times)

Offline happyg

Eddie Scarry

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) on Thursday reacted to the resignation of MSNBC’s Martin Bashir by once again saying she accepted his apology for crude remarks he made about her on his program, but also saying she hoped such attacks waged on anyone in the future wouldn’t make them “hesitant to jump in the arena anyway.”

Sarah Palin Reacts to Bashir Resignation
AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster

Bashir quit his show at MSNBC Thursday, citing comments he previously made about Palin in which he suggested someone should urinate and defecate on her as punishment for a comparison she made between the national debt and slavery.

“My role is to accept his apology and be humble enough to accept it and move on,” Palin said on Fox News. “But I just hope that unprovoked attacks like that don’t result in people being hesitant to jump in the arena anyway. To get out and there and serve the public or start a business. Or, commit themselves to changing within their family, their community, their world; doing whatever they can despite the fact that in this world, you are going to be hurt. And attacks will come your way. I just hope that an attack like that doesn’t make people hesitate.”

Asked to respond to the scripted nature of Bashir’s remarks, Palin said it was “refreshing” for others in the media to “come out and say, ‘look our standards have got to be higher than this.’”

Palin added that since running as the Republican vice presidential nominee in 2008, she’s “used to” being attacked.

“That’s kind of a sad state of affairs, too, to have to admit that I am used to it,” she said. “After five years of this kind of stuff, some of that oomph kind of gets knocked out of you a bit. So, six years ago I probably would have been personally hurt by such an attack. Now, no, I look at it as it’s kind of par for the course.”

Palin also said the National Organization of Women hasn’t come to her defense. “I haven’t heard from one feminist.”

Video at link: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/05/sarah-palin-reacts-to-bashir-resignation-my-role-is-to-accept-his-apology/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

Offline musiclady

Palin also said the National Organization of Women hasn’t come to her defense. “I haven’t heard from one feminist.”

Never will either, Sarah.

Cause NOW only cares about killing babies and hating men.

They don't care about REAL women..............and if you're conservative, they hate you with a passion.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yeah....Sarah may have forgiven him.

Now what about Todd Palin?   :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Never will either, Sarah.

Cause NOW only cares about killing babies and hating men.

They don't care about REAL women..............and if you're conservative, they hate you with a passion.

Just as the NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus hate any African-American who has the temerity to free him/her self from the democrat/liberal slave plantation.

Offline Rapunzel

She was on Bill O'Reilly tonight... he held her over for a second segment and she had him eating out of her hand at the end of the interview.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776