Author Topic: Vast wealth of Mugabe's inner circle revealed in divorce case: Dictator's cousin worth £180m, reveals wife who speaks of life of 'unreserved flamboyance'  (Read 636 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2518653/Vast-wealth-Robert-Mugabes-inner-circle-revealed-Cousin-dictator-worth-180million-divorce-case-reveals.html

The ludicrous wealth of Robert Mugabe’s inner circle has come to light in a divorce case.

The assets of Phillip Chiyangwa, a cousin of the ruthless Zimbabwean dictator, are worth £180million, according to his wife, Elizabeth, who’s seeking 85 per cent of them.

She said in a statement made to the Harare high court that she lived a life of ‘unreserved flamboyance’ and shared a house with Mr Chiyangwa that contained 43 rooms.

She claimed that his assets also include a Rolls-Royce Phantom worth £290,000, a Bentley worth just over £213,000, as well as various Mercedes-Benz and sports utility vehicles, The Telegraph reported.

The cars are worth £911,000 in total.

The court hearing also revealed that he has over 50 houses, several being large, luxuriously appointed properties in upmarket areas – and over a dozen industrial buildings.

In all, he has 109 properties, which also include hotels and shopping centres.

She said in a statement: ‘I was accustomed to a life of unreserved flamboyance and can state without hesitation that I have, for the past 25 years, enjoyed a very high standard of living, way beyond that of most, if not indeed the rest of Zimbabwean society, if not the entire African society.’

It's very rare for any details about the lifestyle of Zimbabwe's ruling elite to be revealed.

But Mr Chiyangwa defended his in an interview with The Telegraph.

He said: 'Many of those properties listed by my wife are not mine. They belong to other businessmen.

Offline flowers

Tell me one African leader who looks after his people?.

Anyone else sick of seeing Europe blamed for Africa's problems? Surely this should lift the veil from the eyes of those in denial. Africa is run by the corrupt who keep inquisitors out with scare mongering about a new European attempt to colonise.

What is it that they say again about women scorned and all - she wants 85% of his stolen properties and businesses? Makes you wonder what TIM (that idiot Mugabe) is worth, seeing as this is the cousin he fell out with. They are such utterly horrendous people - I know one of TIM's cousins was the ambassador in a European country - local doctors would donate medicines for the poor in Zimbabwe and this ambassador, who was on a huge pay-packet, would then sell them in Zimbabwe and pocket the money - there is a place in hell reserved for this man and his family.....

A few quotes from the comment section. Once again a dictator (and someone loved by the left) has immense wealth yet his people live in ruins.

Offline Cincinnatus

This is so typical of Communists (which is what Mugabe is). Does anyone think Stalin, Mao, or Fidel lived in anything like the squalid misery they caused? Or that Obama does?

As angry as these people make me I am saddened even more by the suffering of the people who must live under their heels. Prior to Mugabe, under the horror of white rule, Zimbabwe (then Rhodesia) was relatively prosperous compared to the rest of Africa and was a major source of food for the African continent.

No more, and the change can be laid directly at the door of the British and their foreign office, Whitehall.

Anyone who thinks the Left really cares about the masses has rocks for brains. Orwell clearly foresaw what was coming under these people:
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face... forever!!
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline mountaineer

Like Cincy said, this is like the Obamas - just on a slightly different scale.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org