Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: December 05, 2013, 08:38:49 AM »

Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 08:52:19 AM »
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 09:28:52 AM »
I wonder how much the unions are paying the idiots to make fools of themselves?

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 09:33:16 AM »
DOWNTOWN PITTSBURGH:  Hundreds of protesters calling for an increase in the minimum wage flooded into McDonald's at the corner of Stanwix Street and Liberty Avenue this morning shutting down the restaurant for a period of time.

The protesters had started by shutting down the Dunkin Donuts in Market Square, at 6 a.m. chanting "What do we want? 15 dollars. When do we want it? Now." and "If we don't get it, shut it down."

Both fast food restaurants were unable to serve customers for a period of time, with Dunkin Donuts completely closed for nearly an hour before customers started to line back up for donuts and coffee.

Post Gazette
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 09:50:13 AM »
This is a glaring example of how far we've fallen.

As a 16 year old, working at a fast food place, I understood that:

- Fast food workers made minimum wage because they could be replaced easily, and the job wasn't terribly difficult.

- Fast food worker jobs were not suitable for raising a family. If you were a career fast food worker, you had very major issues.

- A raise in the minimum wage meant a raise in the cost of almost everything.

I knew those things at 16, making $1.40 an hour at Arthur Treacher's. At 16 I was painfully uneducated on economics, but I knew those things. I am filled with sadness and disgust when I see what has happened to us.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 10:08:24 AM »
In ten years, nearly all fast food orders will be entered directly by you, the customer, on a touch screen.  You will pay for it the same way, via debit card. Your order will be prepared by machines. And your order will be delivered to you by a machine.

It's all real, and all possible right now.

Idiot agitation for higher wages for doomed entry-level jobs is par for the course for unions that had outlived their usefulness by 1960.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:09:27 AM by andy58-in-nh »
We are entering revolutionary times. The law is no longer equally applied. The media are the ministry of truth. The Democratic party is a revolutionary force. And it is all getting scary. -VDH

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 10:12:00 AM »

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 10:13:17 AM »

- Fast food workers made minimum wage because they could be replaced easily, and the job wasn't terribly difficult.

- Fast food worker jobs were not suitable for raising a family. If you were a career fast food worker, you had very major issues.

I knew those things at 16, making $1.40 an hour at Arthur Treacher's. At 16 I was painfully uneducated on economics, but I knew those things. I am filled with sadness and disgust when I see what has happened to us.
I earned $1.62 per hour working for campus dining when I was in college and was fully aware that was not going to be my career nor lot in life forever. These protesters are SEIU plants (see NY Post story, above) doing BHO's "share the wealth" bidding.

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 11:01:50 AM »

Wow, you sure made a lot!  I got $1.25 working on a ranch, doing things that I'm sure the kids these days would not be caught dead doing. LOL

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 11:12:02 AM »
Let's point out a rather inconvenient truth here:  This is Detroit where the black leadership in City Government has made a career out of chasing any and every business out of town.  There aren't any other jobs because if the locals didn't loot it outright, they burned it to the ground.  Nobody is going to open a business in a town that has regressed into outright savagery like Detroit has. 

The place to watch next??  The entire State of Illinois led by the City of Chicago.  They are in the worst financial condition in the Country after Detroit, but there is not legal precedent for an entire State to declare bankruptcy.

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 01:03:55 PM »
In ten years, nearly all fast food orders will be entered directly by you, the customer, on a touch screen.  You will pay for it the same way, via debit card. Your order will be prepared by machines. And your order will be delivered to you by a machine.

It's all real, and all possible right now.

Idiot agitation for higher wages for doomed entry-level jobs is par for the course for unions that had outlived their usefulness by 1960.
I just read a article yesterday, I forget the restaurants name but, they are going with the computer at each table now.

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 01:06:37 PM »

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 01:16:35 PM »
I just read a article yesterday, I forget the restaurants name but, they are going with the computer at each table now.
Found it..Applebees

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,122095.msg494983.html#new

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »
Found it..Applebees

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,122095.msg494983.html#new

I'm not surprised. I have already been to a couple of places that had iPads at the table, with which you can order drinks, food, or call your server.

The problem we have (as I wrote yesterday) is not jobs that are low-paid and slowly vanishing, but the "new" jobs that have never been created, thanks to high barriers to entry, largely in the form of taxes and regulations.
We are entering revolutionary times. The law is no longer equally applied. The media are the ministry of truth. The Democratic party is a revolutionary force. And it is all getting scary. -VDH

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 02:33:03 PM »
Clergy, elected officials and community supporters are also expected to join workers on the strike lines.

I wonder why these clergy, elected officials, and community supporters aren't telling the workers that they will earn more from the business if they provide more value to the business;  that knowledge and skill will make them more valuable and that they gain knowledge and skill through hard work and study.  Drop out of school or eschew education after high school and you'll most likely be of little value on the job market.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf