Author Topic: Karzai Family Values  (Read 2305 times)

Offline olde north church

Re: Karzai Family Values
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 10:48:50 am »
He caught a disease, in which is debatable where he caught it or how he died but he died in Babylon in modern day Iraq. But most of his troops did suffer greatly while traveling through Afghanistan(Hindu Kush Mountains) and India. There is a very good documentary called "In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great" which came came out many years ago along with a companion book.

The indigenous population would be resistant to these illnesses, having been exposed from infancy or dead as a result?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:49:21 am by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

SPQR

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, 10:51:04 am »
He caught a disease, in which is debatable where he caught it or how he died but he died in Babylon in modern day Iraq. But most of his troops did suffer greatly while traveling through Afghanistan(Hindu Kush Mountains) and India. There is a very good documentary called "In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great" which came came out many years ago along with a companion book.

I have the You Tube of the Series(In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great) that will be posted here:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/HCHuClhtfHDK4
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:55:15 am by SPQR »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 10:52:48 am »
The indigenous population would be resistant to these illnesses, having been exposed from infancy or dead as a result?

The description leading up to his death sounds a lot like malaria. Most of the ME have a mutation (thalassemia) that gives some immunity to malaria at the cost of a slightly less efficient circulatory system.

Guess he didn't have it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 10:53:46 am »

A lot the soldiers died because of skirmishes with the natives or just not have the immunity of the local natives.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:00:53 am by SPQR »