Author Topic: "Majority of 18-24 Year Olds Support Recall of Obama from Office"  (Read 729 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/majority-of-18-24-year-olds-support-recall-of-obama-from-office/

What is interesting about the Harvard University’s Institute of Politics millennial poll is that it subdivides older millennials (25-29) from younger millenials (18-24). And it’s the latter group that is more predictive and its verdict is wholly negative.

There’s more support among 18-24 year olds for recalling Obama from office, than for recalling their member of Congress or even all members of Congress– at a time when Congressional approval ratings have hit record lows.

Obama’s approval rating among young Americans is just 41 percent, down 11 points from a year ago, and now tracking with all adults. While 55 percent said they voted for Obama in 2012, only 46 percent said they would do so again.

57 percent of millennials disapprove of Obamacare, with 40 percent saying it will worsen their quality of care and a majority believing it will drive up costs. Only 18 percent say Obamacare will improve their care. Among 18-to-29-year-olds currently without health insurance, less than one-third say they’re likely to enroll in the Obamacare exchanges.

Republican and Democratic leaders should find little solace in the results. The survey said that 33 percent of young Americans consider themselves Democrats and 24 percent identify with the GOP. The largest and growing segment is among independents, 41 percent of the total.

Young blacks say they are much less likely to vote in the 2014 midterm election than they were in November 2009, signaling a worrisome level of engagement among a key Democratic constituency.

The Obama Revolution is over.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

Re: "Majority of 18-24 Year Olds Support Recall of Obama from Office"
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:16:03 pm »
"The Obama Revolution is over."

GOP voters in the past have been older. How to combine growing disapproval of his Imperial first minority symbolic potus, with fiscal reality.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 08:36:18 pm »
The largest and growing segment is among independents, 41 percent of the total.

This is where our winning margin is. Approach this group with the liberty message of libertarian/conservative philosophy.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 11:15:38 pm »
This is where our winning margin is. Approach this group with the liberty message of libertarian/conservative philosophy.
The democrats aren't going to just roll over and concede defeat. I bet they are doing opposition research right now, on potential opponents.

So conservatives ought to be doing candidate research, to avoid Todd Akin-like screw-ups.

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 11:49:53 pm »
The democrats aren't going to just roll over and concede defeat. I bet they are doing opposition research right now, on potential opponents.

So conservatives ought to be doing candidate research, to avoid Todd Akin-like screw-ups.

Why would they do that? They want to be the minority party. No responsibility, no pressure to have vision. Simply take the money, and keep saying, "we wouldn't do that!"

I still say by the end of the summer, Obamacare will be painted as the comeback kid. The media will say the bugs are worked out, and Obama gave us the greatest gift ever. And many Americans will believe it, because they want to believe it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 03:24:51 am »
Interesting how the two of you harp and harp and harp on Akin and Murdock and ignore the long list of OTHER tea party candidates who WERE elected and ignore the long list of MODERATES pushed by Rove and company who LOST............  a lot more tea party candidates won than lost and a lot more moderates lost than won... it is a simple fact and I've posted the names and who supported them here adnauseam and not going to do it again because all the two of you want to do is rag on the Tea Party because you hate conservatives and what we stand for and totally don't understand what the Tea Party is.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 06:06:13 am »
Why would they do that? They want to be the minority party. No responsibility, no pressure to have vision. Simply take the money, and keep saying, "we wouldn't do that!"

It's not my fault I voted for Virgil Goode :patriot:

I still say by the end of the summer, Obamacare will be painted as the comeback kid. The media will say the bugs are worked out, and Obama gave us the greatest gift ever. And many Americans will believe it, because they want to believe it.

That is my fear too.  Obamacare is so toxic right now that any improvement will be heralded as a success story by the drive-bys. The problem for the rats with that plan is the employer mandate kicking in just after elections.  The employers may not wait until after elections to notify their employees that their insurance has been cancelled.  I sure wouldn't wait till the last minute.

The other problem for the rats is Obamacare is designed to help insurance consumers with cost in only a few states.  Nobody knows if it will work as designed but even if it does it won't help a majority of people who buy insurance.  It will penalize people who don't buy insurance.  It will most often cost people more money.  that wasn't how it was sold.  Most of the enrolls have been for Medicaid.  Medicaid is going to bust the budget.  that wasn't how it was sold.

It was sold with a lie.  That it would cost less, it wouldn't cost the government a penny more...and if you like your insurance you can keep it.  I know how much money is in my pocket and nobody on the TV or newsprint can change that.

That's a lot of spin for the media to paint a success story.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 06:41:46 am »
Interesting how the two of you harp and harp and harp on Akin and Murdock and ignore the long list of OTHER tea party candidates who WERE elected and ignore the long list of MODERATES pushed by Rove and company who LOST............  a lot more tea party candidates won than lost and a lot more moderates lost than won... it is a simple fact and I've posted the names and who supported them here adnauseam and not going to do it again because all the two of you want to do is rag on the Tea Party because you hate conservatives and what we stand for and totally don't understand what the Tea Party is.

I doubt that.

Akin and Murdock are memorable because they were stupid. Much like Christine O'Donnell, who I admit I trashed both totally and publicly (though it was heavily edited after submitting - I was more mocking than nasty. Hey, needed the cash). They forgot rule one - answer a question then wait. It's the 10 second rule, well known in interviewing circles. Wait for a ten count after they finish their answer. People hate silences and will tend to carry on by the time your count hits 8. Since the comments are unstructured by a question, you get a peek into their thoughts.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink