Author Topic: RNC chair: ‘Of course’ I’m supporting McConnell  (Read 3102 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: RNC chair: ‘Of course’ I’m supporting McConnell
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 03:41:13 am »
I certainly hope we can get all of this internecine "squabbling" over with soon, because the last thing we need in 2014 is a circular firing squad.

I'll be more than happy to refrain from any negativity toward Ted Cruz if the Tea Partiers do the same toward incumbents like Mitch McConnell and John Cornyn, two solid reliable conservatives.

We need to focus on DEMOCRATS, not trying to take down Republicans.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, 03:45:05 am »

I whole-heartedly agree with that.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 03:47:53 am »
I'll be more than happy to refrain from any negativity toward Ted Cruz if the Tea Partiers do the same toward incumbents like Mitch McConnell and John Cornyn, two solid reliable conservatives.

The 'problem' I have with declaring allegiance to McConnell and Cornyn is that it sends the wrong message to the voters.

They have no stage presence.  No personality.  No charm.  BLAH!

We need people that can artfully attack and highlight the failures and lies of this Administration and MSM.

Somebody that knows how to play the media...because you'll never have a bully pulpit as big as the White House.

For example....Who'd you rather listen to complain about the gridlock being the Senate...the fact we've put bill after bill up there where it sits.

Christie?   Or McConnell?  I recall when the MSM was all abuzz about Christie taking on the teacher's union or public sector unions.

it made him the star is he is today.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 03:50:00 am »
The 'problem' I have with declaring allegiance to McConnell and Cornyn is that it sends the wrong message to the voters.

We need people that can artfully attack and highlight the failures and lies of this Administration and MSM.

Somebody that knows how to play the media...because you'll never have a bully pulpit as big as the White House.

For example....Who'd you rather listen to complain about the gridlock being the Senate...the fact we've put bill after bill up there where it sits.

Christie?   Or McConnell?  I recall when the MSM was all abuzz about Christie taking on the teacher's union or public sector unions.

No need to swear fealty to them; just don't attack them quite so vigorously.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2013, 03:51:57 am »
No need to swear fealty to them; just don't attack them quite so vigorously.

I have no intention of stopping attacks against McCain, Graham, McConnell, Boehner or Lamar Alexander.  I hope they all lose their next elections.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2013, 03:53:59 am »

McConnell and Cornyn have solid conservative RECORDS.  They may not be the most articulate people in the world (though Mitch does a damned good job, in my opinion), but they're proven.

Christie's record is spotty.  He talks a good game, yet sucks up to Obama at a critical time in the 2012 election.

I'm not sold on Chris Christie yet.  Not at all.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2013, 03:55:16 am »
I have no intention of stopping attacks against McCain, Graham, McConnell, Boehner or Lamar Alexander.  I hope they all lose their next elections.

They won't.  Promise you won't pout.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2013, 04:11:12 am »
I certainly hope we can get all of this internecine "squabbling" over with soon, because the last thing we need in 2014 is a circular firing squad.
Are you growing tired of the "me, too" echo chamber?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2013, 04:14:52 am »

We know, you repeat if over, and over, and over.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2013, 04:43:32 am »

If any or all of those win their primaries (I personally will do everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen) I will vote for those I can vote for in the general. Any of them are better than a democrat but not by much!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2013, 04:45:40 am »
McConnell and Cornyn have solid conservative RECORDS.  They may not be the most articulate people in the world (though Mitch does a damned good job, in my opinion), but they're proven.

Christie's record is spotty.  He talks a good game, yet sucks up to Obama at a critical time in the 2012 election.

I'm not sold on Chris Christie yet.  Not at all.

I'm not either....I was referring to his style...thinking on his feet during press conferences...commanding our attention.  As if he was going to use a four-letter word or two.

Ronald Reagan could do it in a quip and make even the opposition smile.

The guys have great conservative voting records, but they're not alpha males.  Time for the current leadership to resign in both Houses.

We're at war.   This isn't your normal mid-term and prez election we're getting.  The Constitution is hanging by a thread.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2013, 04:51:09 am »
Are you growing tired of the "me, too" echo chamber?

This is anything but an echo chamber.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2013, 04:53:14 am »
Red auras were in full bloom tonite.  I express one gesture of peace and BAM!... Who'll join me for a beer?   :beer:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2013, 04:59:05 am »
Red auras were in full bloom tonite.  I express one gesture of peace and BAM!... Who'll join me for a beer?   :beer:

:beer:

It does not go unnoticed what a class act you are, Lando! 

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2013, 05:01:01 am »
:beer:

It does not go unnoticed what a class act you are, Lando!

DCP... I'm sincere...thanks. 
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2013, 02:41:17 pm »

I'd be happy to! We can discuss things over it!  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2013, 03:01:14 pm »
LOL... But let's do it in Texas. Gotta be warmer.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2013, 03:14:55 pm »
LOL... But let's do it in Texas. Gotta be warmer.

Wanna bet???

It's [[[[[[[[FREEZING]]]]]]]]]] down here right now! Actually just above with wind and light rain.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:16:00 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien