Author Topic: Obama: I Want to Host ESPN's 'SportsCenter' When I Retire  (Read 483 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: I Want to Host ESPN's 'SportsCenter' When I Retire
« on: December 04, 2013, 09:01:38 pm »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/barack-obama-i-want-host-661762

Obama: I Want to Host ESPN's 'SportsCenter' When I Retire
6:00 AM PST 12/4/2013 by Pamela McClintock

The president put in his ask to Disney CEO Bob Iger at a private meeting with entertainment moguls during his Nov. 26 visit to Jeffrey Katzenberg's DreamWorks Animation.

A version of this story first appeared in the Dec. 13 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
our editor recommends

If you have any doubt as to how much of a sports junkie Barack Obama is, check in with the entertainment moguls who attended a private briefing with the president Nov. 26 before his speech at Jeffrey Katzenberg's DreamWorks Animation campus in Glendale.

At the end of the conversation -- which touched on a myriad of topics, from piracy to Iran -- Obama revealed what's at the top of his bucket list post-White House: "At least I know what I want to do when I retire … host ESPN SportsCenter's Top 10 list," Obama quipped as he turned to Disney's Robert Iger, whose empire includes ESPN.

The highlights countdown can feature everything from major sports to bull fighting to high school basketball. Other than having a good laugh, Iger apparently didn't respond.

"Everyone had a good giggle," says one person who attended.

The private meeting with Iger featured other moguls, including Disney's Alan Horn, Fox's Jim Gianopulos, Sony's Amy Pascal, and CBS' Leslie Moonves.

In a polished speech before the entire DWA staff and others in attendance, Obama praised the entertainment industry as an "engine" of the economy and as part of America's "diplomacy." He also joked that his ears were the inspiration for the studio's Shrek.

Obama's appearance at DWA wrapped up a two-day trip to Southern California that included two fundraising events, one at the home of Magic Johnson and his wife, Cookie, and the other at the home of Haim Saban and his wife, Cheryl.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Obama: I Want to Host ESPN's 'SportsCenter' When I Retire
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 09:28:35 pm »
Why wait? Quit and start now. Follow your dreams. Don't let anything hold you back from your desires.

Offline musiclady

Re: Obama: I Want to Host ESPN's 'SportsCenter' When I Retire
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 09:52:12 pm »
Still pretending to be a man, I see.............
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.