Author Topic: Steny Hoyer Stops Saying 'Obamacare' by Dan Riehl  (Read 794 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Steny Hoyer Stops Saying 'Obamacare' by Dan Riehl
« on: December 04, 2013, 02:07:14 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/12/03/Steny-Hoyer-From-Obamacare-to-NobamaCare

Steny Hoyer Stops Saying 'Obamacare'
by Dan Riehl 3 Dec 2013

Apparently, House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer got the new memo and has stopped calling the Affordable Care Act  "ObamaCare," though like many others including the White House, he had no problem doing so not all that long ago.

Today a reporter noted the change in his language.

"Yeah, I wish I hadn't called it 'Obamacare' before, because that has politicized it and has been used by Republicans as a pejorative term," Hoyer, D-Md., said after a reporter noted Tuesday that he repeatedly called the health care law by its formal name.

"I don't know that we need to re-brand the Affordable Care Act," he said. "We do need to say it is the Affordable Care Act."

What a difference a month, a failed website and a struggling healthcare program can make!

"You want to call it 'Obamacare' - that's okay, because I do care," Obama said at a 2012 Atlanta fundraiser.

"I actually like the name," Obama said at a 2012 campaign stop at the University of Denver. "Because I do care - that's why we fought so hard to make it happen."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Steny Hoyer Stops Saying 'Obamacare' by Dan Riehl
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:20:05 pm »
I remember at a presser Obama was happy to call it Obamacare. So Steny guess what....your party owns it.   

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Steny Hoyer Stops Saying 'Obamacare' by Dan Riehl
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 07:33:23 pm »
I remember at a presser Obama was happy to call it Obamacare. So Steny guess what....your party owns it.   

Whatever Boehner and McConnell did, that led to zero votes by Republicans for Obamacare, it is useful.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln