Author Topic: Hoyer: Maybe calling it 'Obamacare' wasn't such a good idea  (Read 687 times)

Offline flowers

Hoyer: Maybe calling it 'Obamacare' wasn't such a good idea
« on: December 03, 2013, 11:40:48 pm »
Maybe it wasn't such a hot idea after all for President Barack Obama and congressional Democrats to embrace the "Obamacare" moniker for the Affordable Care Act, House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer mused Tuesday.

"Yeah, I wish I hadn't called it 'Obamacare' before, because that has politicized it and has been used by Republicans as a pejorative term," Hoyer, D-Md., said after a reporter noted Tuesday that he repeatedly called the health care law by its formal name.

Despite Republicans and other opponents calling the law "Obamacare" with a snarl or hint of disgust in their voices, the president happily adopted the nickname and urged others to do so.

"You want to call it 'Obamacare' - that's okay, because I do care," Obama said at a 2012 Atlanta fundraiser.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/12/03/210403/hoyer-maybe-calling-it-obamacare.html#storylink=cpy

You own it now. It was a great idea you tell us each and every day. We will love it, so obamacare it is!

Offline flowers

Re: Hoyer: Maybe calling it 'Obamacare' wasn't such a good idea
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 11:42:33 pm »
Kinda like how those gas chambers at Auschwitz were called “showers.”

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Hoyer: Maybe calling it 'Obamacare' wasn't such a good idea
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 11:46:34 pm »
yah...Obama told a bunch of liberal reporters a couple of weeks ago that he wish the Insurance Companies hadn't sent out cancellation notices; he wishes they would have sent out notices that they were upgrading people's plans to "something better".

Pissing on America's leg and calling it liquid sunshine.