Author Topic: Hoyer: Maybe calling it 'Obamacare' wasn't such a good idea  (Read 189 times)

Offline flowers

Hoyer: Maybe calling it 'Obamacare' wasn't such a good idea
« on: December 03, 2013, 06:40:48 PM »
Maybe it wasn't such a hot idea after all for President Barack Obama and congressional Democrats to embrace the "Obamacare" moniker for the Affordable Care Act, House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer mused Tuesday.

"Yeah, I wish I hadn't called it 'Obamacare' before, because that has politicized it and has been used by Republicans as a pejorative term," Hoyer, D-Md., said after a reporter noted Tuesday that he repeatedly called the health care law by its formal name.

Despite Republicans and other opponents calling the law "Obamacare" with a snarl or hint of disgust in their voices, the president happily adopted the nickname and urged others to do so.

"You want to call it 'Obamacare' - that's okay, because I do care," Obama said at a 2012 Atlanta fundraiser.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/12/03/210403/hoyer-maybe-calling-it-obamacare.html#storylink=cpy

You own it now. It was a great idea you tell us each and every day. We will love it, so obamacare it is!

Offline flowers

Re: Hoyer: Maybe calling it 'Obamacare' wasn't such a good idea
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 06:42:33 PM »
Kinda like how those gas chambers at Auschwitz were called “showers.”

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Hoyer: Maybe calling it 'Obamacare' wasn't such a good idea
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 06:46:34 PM »
yah...Obama told a bunch of liberal reporters a couple of weeks ago that he wish the Insurance Companies hadn't sent out cancellation notices; he wishes they would have sent out notices that they were upgrading people's plans to "something better".

Pissing on America's leg and calling it liquid sunshine.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf