Author Topic: New gel could relieve the agony of arthritis without the side-effects of painkillers  (Read 2915 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2517485/New-Flexiseq-gel-relieve-agony-arthritis-effects.html

A new drug-free gel may bring relief to Britain’s nine million osteoarthritis sufferers.

It can be rubbed into painful joints twice a day and, because it is drug-free, it is not thought to cause any dangerous side effects

Researchers carried out six clinical studies involving 4,000 patients and found Flexiseq can reduce pain and improve the mobility of osteoarthritis sufferers.

One study of 1,300 patients found it creates a natural lubricant for the joints and is as good for pain relief as commonly prescribed non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

It was published in Rheumatology - the British Society of Rheumatology’s official journal.

Dr John Dickson, a co-founder of the Primary Care Rheumatology Society, worked on the study.

He said: ‘It is well recognised that effectively managing chronic pain, particularly in patients with other conditions and risk factors, is a massive challenge that GPs and patients face on a daily basis.

‘This topical treatment is drug-free and seems to have an excellent safety profile.’

The water-based gel is made up of millions of droplets of fat, called phospholipids, which travel through the skin and tissue, penetrating the joint.

They then coat the cartilage with a layer of protective lubricant, replacing naturally occurring phospholipids which have been ruined by arthritis.

Online mountaineer

Good to know.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

I replied to this thread earlier, but must not have clicked the reply tab. I have osteoarthritis that really bothers me at times, so I ordered this gel from a site at Amazon. It's $28 a tube, free shipping, and ships from Ireland, so don't know when I will get it. If it works, I will let you know.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Please do!

The vast majority of my right side is ruined and pain is a constant companion. If it works I will buy the hell out of it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I too, would like to know how this works.  My knees and hands are starting to hurt and I don't like taking any more medicine than absolutely necessary. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

I too, would like to know how this works.  My knees and hands are starting to hurt and I don't like taking any more medicine than absolutely necessary.

And I can't take anti-inflammatories because I have chronic renal failure.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

I'll bookmark this thread and keep you informed.  The name of it is FLEXISEQ, if you want to check it out further.

Offline Rapunzel

I'll bookmark this thread and keep you informed.  The name of it is FLEXISEQ, if you want to check it out further.

Please let me know if it works
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

Please let me know if it works

I will inform you guys after day one and each day forward. I will PM you all to a thread.

Offline alicewonders

I will inform you guys after day one and each day forward. I will PM you all to a thread.

I appreciate that.  Hope it works!

Offline flowers

Please let me know too.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Thank you!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline happyg

McKenna was here, and loves u grandma:)

You guys asked me to tell you about FLEXISEQ when I got it. I have been using it for three days, and I like it. I noticed that I can climb stairs a lot easier, and my fingers are more flexible. It has been raining for a few days, and that is when I generally ache the most, but this time, the pain is mild. I will continue to use it and let you know if it is worth the money, $28 per tube that doesn't have the weight on it, but its about the size of a regular tube of toothpaste.

Offline alicewonders

Thanks for the update happyg!

Offline Rapunzel

McKenna was here, and loves u grandma:)

You guys asked me to tell you about FLEXISEQ when I got it. I have been using it for three days, and I like it. I noticed that I can climb stairs a lot easier, and my fingers are more flexible. It has been raining for a few days, and that is when I generally ache the most, but this time, the pain is mild. I will continue to use it and let you know if it is worth the money, $28 per tube that doesn't have the weight on it, but its about the size of a regular tube of toothpaste.

Good to know - let us know as your progress ......

Offline flowers

thanks for update

Offline happyg

This morning, I got out of bed without my bones making noises. I actually got out of bed smoothly, like I did many years ago. It's either just a good day, or that stuff is really good. Will check in tomorrow. I feel like an advertisement! LOL!

Online rustynail

Brings to mind DMSO.
 Hope this works for you.

Offline happyg

Brings to mind DMSO.
 Hope this works for you.

Thanks, rusty! Too many years in a factory (21) wreaks havoc on bodies! When I got smart and went back to college, I had to retire too soon to take care of my husband. That was a rough one on the body. I hope to get it back!  :silly:

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Please include me!

Online mountaineer

I replied to this thread earlier, but must not have clicked the reply tab. I have osteoarthritis that really bothers me at times, so I ordered this gel from a site at Amazon. It's $28 a tube, free shipping, and ships from Ireland, so don't know when I will get it. If it works, I will let you know.
It looks like there's only one site at Amazon that sells it, correct?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

It looks like there's only one site at Amazon that sells it, correct?

I just checked. I paid $26 per tube, but now, it's $44. I googled it, and they sell out all over. I tried to find a cheaper brand, but my computer keeps bugging out on me. My laptop is still being fixed, so I have been fighting an old desktop.

Offline happyg

Here is another site in the UK: http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/shop/products/health/13702-flexiseq.aspx  I think it is around $23 in US dollars. EC will know.
I got mine from Ireland, but don't have the box it came in with the return address. I will look for it again.

Offline flowers

I
Here is another site in the UK: http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/shop/products/health/13702-flexiseq.aspx  I think it is around $23 in US dollars. EC will know.
I got mine from Ireland, but don't have the box it came in with the return address. I will look for it again.
I tried to buy it not able to get it shipped to US

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

I just checked. I paid $26 per tube, but now, it's $44. I googled it, and they sell out all over. I tried to find a cheaper brand, but my computer keeps bugging out on me. My laptop is still being fixed, so I have been fighting an old desktop.

Was that with free shipping?  Here's a site that will sell 2 tubes for 75.00--free shipping:

http://www.dolanschemist.com/flexiseq.html