Author Topic: Obama: 'We're not going back'  (Read 1252 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: 'We're not going back'
« on: December 03, 2013, 08:29:26 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/191931-obama-were-not-going-back

By Justin Sink - 12/03/13 03:21 PM EST

President Obama declared Tuesday that ObamaCare "is working" and that "we're not going back," as the White House looked to reboot its efforts to sell Americans on the president's signature healthcare law.

Obama said that "poor execution" of the rollout of HealthCare.gov had "clouded" the benefits of the bill, but said he would not allow technical glitches to undermine a program that was providing financial security for many Americans.

"If I've got to fight another three years to make sure this law works, that's what we'll do," Obama said.

"We're not repealing it as long as I'm president," he added. "I want everybody to be clear about that. We'll make it work."

The president, flanked by supporters who had benefited from aspects of the law, vacillated between a defense of his embattled program and a sales pitch intended to highlight some of ObamaCare's benefits for ordinary families.

Obama shared stories of individuals who had been helped by provisions of the law that allowed those under 26 to remain on their parents' health insurance, or receive free preventive care.

Acknowledging that the benefits of the program had "gotten lost a little bit," the president urged attendees to tell their friends and families about the law's success stories.

"It's working better now and it's just going to keep on working better over time," Obama said.

In his remarks, the president shied away from directly addressing more recent critiques of the ObamaCare website, including reports that the portal was continuing to provide insurers with error-riddled enrollment information. Obama did say that as new problems arose, the administration would address them.

"Whatever comes up, we're going to fix it," he said, adding later that the White House had " learned not to make wild promises about how perfectly smooth it's going to be."

The president also chastised critics of the law, saying Republicans "haven't presented an alternative" that would address flaws of the pre-ObamaCare system. He singled out Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), saying the Republican leader "refused to answer" when asked what his alternate proposal was.

"He just repeated 'repeal' over and over and over again," Obama said.

Earlier Tuesday, McConnell said the president's "campaign-style event won’t solve the myriad problems facing consumers under ObamaCare."

“The American people have been learning about the impact ObamaCare will have on individuals and families in the form of higher premiums, disrupted insurance, and lost jobs—more broken promises from the administration. And they’re becoming increasingly aware of the fact ObamaCare is broken beyond repair," McConnell said.

White House press secretary Jay Carney said Tuesday that the president's event was the first of many in a "renewed effort to refocus the public and the public's attention on the benefits of the law."

Carney said that in the coming days, the president and other White House officials would talk about existing benefits under ObamaCare, including insurance plans mandating free preventive care, ending discrimination based on pre-existing conditions, and the curbed growth in healthcare costs.

The White House spokesman said that sales effort would use "a number of different venues," including press events and Internet advertising campaigns.

"This is an opportunity now that the website is functioning effectively for the vast majority of users and we are seeing high volume and high volume being handled effectively by the website and people enrolling that it's an opportune time to talk about, again, the actual benefits that are provided by the law," Carney said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Obama: 'We're not going back'
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 08:51:55 pm »
Look at those mugs behind Obama. They look like the receiver is off the hook.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 08:58:43 pm »
Look at those mugs behind Obama. They look like the receiver is off the hook.
yep

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 09:27:30 pm »
Does he ever get off the stump anymore? 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 09:36:14 pm »
Fortunately, for us that is, nothing this A=hole says has any weight to anybody, worldwide. He has become a laughing joke of himself.

The very fact that this walking doofus says, "We are not going back." is reassurance to thinking people that we are definitely going to do the exact opposite of whatever this clown puppet says.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 09:42:54 pm »

Get used to it. He's going to do something like this every day for the next three weeks. Every. Freaking. Day.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 09:50:29 pm »
DCPatriot:  "The hell we're not!!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 09:51:49 pm »
"We are not going back." PERIOD!

Never by no means are we ever going back. Nobody can say we are, Period!

I would put my reputation on it! Period!

Yeah right, O'dummy. Keep barking....little dog...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 09:52:57 pm »
Fortunately, for us that is, nothing this A=hole says has any weight to anybody, worldwide. He has become a laughing joke of himself.

The very fact that this walking doofus says, "We are not going back." is reassurance to thinking people that we are definitely going to do the exact opposite of whatever this clown puppet says.

That's the way I see it as well!

He has lost every drop of credibility he ever had even with those who supported him and he is now a nullity!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 09:54:01 pm »
He's barking to the fawning Chris Matthews tonight.  Picking Matthews says a lot, IMO.  He's at a point where he doesn't want to take on any potential tough-questioners. 

Matthews is about as ass kissing as he can find.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 10:56:32 pm »

Nope, like Pat and Stu said this morning.. he thinks if 37,000 speeches on how great Ocare is didn't work 37,001 will do the trick.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 11:14:19 pm »
Nope, like Pat and Stu said this morning.. he thinks if 37,000 speeches on how great Ocare is didn't work 37,001 will do the trick.

The only way to beat them is to highlight the mainstream media's blatant attempt to cover for him in light of the total public failure of the Administration.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 12:38:43 am »

Yep! That's what narcissists do!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 02:33:26 pm »
President leads the cheers for himself
By John Podhoretz
New York Post, Dec. 4, 2013

Finally, after two months of horror, President Obama heard cheering when he discussed ObamaCare.

OK, so the cheering came from members of his own staff, who were assembled in the White House briefing room to hear him speak Tuesday afternoon. But listen, the guy has had a hard time since Oct. 1; he can use all the cheering he can get.

The speech was promoted as part of an aggressive new effort to promote ObamaCare following the repairs (far from completed) made to the HealthCare.gov Web site. If that was the intent, it was a colossal failure.

The president said nothing — and I mean literally nothing — he hasn’t said before in defense of ObamaCare. He delivered the same tribute to its glories and wonders I’ve heard him give so many times now, I could’ve written it myself.

No, in truth, yesterday wasn’t about ObamaCare. It was about Obama. It was about bucking up the boss. It was about showing him some love.

The fact that Obama was in on the tribute to himself only adds to the poignancy. You have to be a little desperate to agree to organize and promote a support rally to boost your own spirits.

He got the applause he wanted. He got the love he needed. He got MSNBC talk personalities to speak admiringly of him. So by those standards, if by no other, the speech was a roaring success.

It may even have kicked off a new lifestyle trend: Are you a boss? Things getting you down? Have a pep rally in the staff cafeteria and make sure your staff gives you a big round of applause!

The event began with some of those ordinary folk who can claim to have benefited from ObamaCare already. One of them was a young woman named Monica (no, not that Monica) who has Crohn’s disease. She said that ObamaCare had had such a positive effect on her life, since she can stay on her parents’ insurance until she’s 26, that she can now pursue photography as a career.

Well, that was worth the whole $1.8 trillion ObamaCare price tag right there.

Then the president got up. As he has since the Web-site catastrophe began, he acknowledged the problems up front before moving on quickly to the great achievements of ObamaCare, including 500,000 newly insured people.

He did not mention the 1 million-plus in California whose policies have been cancelled, of course, but why should he? This was his day, his chance to shine, his turn to tell the story — it would be ungenerous to cavil.

“My main message today is we’re not going back,” Obama said. “We’re not repealing it as long as I’m president.” This is the sentence that caused the standing ovation. If the president has been reduced to defiant statements that he’s not going to do something no one expects him to do, and that no one expects will happen, he’s in worse shape than even Ted Cruz hopes.

Now that he’s had his little pep rally, President Obama would be well-advised to go under the radar again for a while. According to Gallup, the more facts people know about ObamaCare, the less likely they are to support it.

It would appear that it’s better for the president if people live in blissful ignorance rather than horrified awareness.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org