Author Topic: Welfare Recipient Brags About Her Handouts: “Taxpayers Are The Fools  (Read 680 times)

Offline happyg

A record 9.1 million Americans are no longer in the work force.

There is little doubt that many of those individuals would love to have a job, but have simply hit hard times. There are others, however, who are very happy staying home and collecting government checks.

Welfare handouts can make poor people comfortable remaining in poverty. Government gives out electricity, schooling, cell phones, computers, medication, gasoline, serves meals, housing, and almost every other service imaginable. Why pay your own way if Uncle Sam will take care of you?

On KLBJ News Radio in Austin, Texas, one welfare recipient called in on her Obamaphone. She said that, “Taxpayers are the fools… To all you workers out there preaching morality about those of us who live on welfare… can you really blame us? I get to sit around all day, visit my friends, smoke weed.. and we are still gonna get paid, on time every month.”

She has a point. Where is her incentive to work?

The system is broken.

Here are more excerpts from the interview, via Fox News:

Caller (LUCY): Can you really blame us, I get to sit home, I get to visit my friends all day, I even get to smoke weed and people that I know that are illegal immigrants that don’t contribute to society, we still going to get paid. Our check is going to come in the mail every month and it’s going to be on time and we get the subsidized housing, we even get presents delivered for our kids on Christmas, why should I work? …

You know what, you all get the benefit of, saying oh look at me I’m a better person but when you all are sitting back talking about how you are a better person because you go to work, we are the ones getting paid, so can you really blame us (question: are you talking on an “Obama phone”) Caller: Yeah I’ve got an Obama phone … (question: what you get from tax payers)

Caller: I only have to pay $50 a month for rent; it’s supposed to be $600 so there’s $550 right there. I get $425 a month for food stamps, I get $150 a month for my electric bill, I get a cell phone, then I get $100 a month paid towards my water. … (question: does your husband work?)

Caller: Uh, he’ll work every now and then part time, but he doesn’t work very much…he just doesn’t really see the need for it … (question: do you feel guilty?)

Caller: If someone offers you a million dollars, would you walk away from it? … (question: do you intend to stay on welfare, if possible?)

Caller: Yes … (question: do you think it’s wrong to take all this money from the city?) Caller: If someone gave you a million dollars would you take it? … My whole point is that if I was in a position where I had to work, I mean that might be a different story but not only do I not have to work , when you’re in these programs they are always coming to you and offering you more programs and a lot of times, shoot, they’ll even pay you to go to these programs-you know hey we’ll give you some money, we’ll give you this, we’ll give you that. So they encourage you to stay on the programs, so when you do try to get off of them, they penalize you anyway. -

See more at: http://shark-tank.net/2013/12/02/welfare-recipient-brags-about-her-handouts-taxpayers-are-the-fools/#sthash.a0XED8YA.dpuf
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 10:57:08 pm by happyg »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Welfare Recipient Brags About Her Handouts: “Taxpayers Are The Fools
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 11:00:57 pm »
She sounds charming.  /s

So they encourage you to stay on the programs, so when you do try to get off of them, they penalize you anyway.

Good point though. Of course they do. If everyone in the programs got a job (ideal world) the entire welfare structure would be out of a job. While some people in the welfare system do genuinely want to help people, for most it is just a job. And which is more important? Getting someone else a job, or keeping your own?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 11:18:55 pm »
yep...the Oregonian did a story recently about the supposed "homeless", and how they were making several times minimum wage simply hanging out on freeway ramps with a sign.  All of the people interviewed were making considerable cash money, tax free, in addition to all of the "benefits" there were collecting at the same time.

Now that it is December, all four of the local television stations have their annual toy drives in progress.  They no longer bother finding actual families in real need, they all compete to see which station can collect the most toys by weight, which they all happily proceed to hand out to the "less fortunate" among us.

"It's enough to make you puke." -- Roger Debris, "The Producers"...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 11:34:56 pm »
That makes me sad, Chief.

Not the toy drive - done a few of those ourselves with the local bike club - but the lack of care and turning it from a good deed into a competition.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink