Offline happyg

« on: December 02, 2013, 05:54:55 PM »
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:57:08 PM by happyg »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 06:00:57 PM »
She sounds charming.  /s

So they encourage you to stay on the programs, so when you do try to get off of them, they penalize you anyway.

Good point though. Of course they do. If everyone in the programs got a job (ideal world) the entire welfare structure would be out of a job. While some people in the welfare system do genuinely want to help people, for most it is just a job. And which is more important? Getting someone else a job, or keeping your own?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 06:18:55 PM »
yep...the Oregonian did a story recently about the supposed "homeless", and how they were making several times minimum wage simply hanging out on freeway ramps with a sign.  All of the people interviewed were making considerable cash money, tax free, in addition to all of the "benefits" there were collecting at the same time.

Now that it is December, all four of the local television stations have their annual toy drives in progress.  They no longer bother finding actual families in real need, they all compete to see which station can collect the most toys by weight, which they all happily proceed to hand out to the "less fortunate" among us.

"It's enough to make you puke." -- Roger Debris, "The Producers"...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 06:34:56 PM »
That makes me sad, Chief.

Not the toy drive - done a few of those ourselves with the local bike club - but the lack of care and turning it from a good deed into a competition.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf