Author Topic: Conn. to end fight of release of Newtown 911 calls  (Read 294 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline flowers

  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 18,786
Conn. to end fight of release of Newtown 911 calls
« on: December 02, 2013, 04:29:43 PM »
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SCHOOL_SHOOTING_TRANSPARENCY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-12-02-16-22-30

Quote
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) -- A Connecticut prosecutor says he will not appeal a judge's order to release 911 recordings from last year's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

State's Attorney Stephen Sedensky III led the investigation into the Dec. 14 shooting that killed 20 children and six women.

He said Monday that the decision was made in consultation with others including an attorney for the town of Newtown.

A Superior Court judge ruled last week that Sedensky did not demonstrate why the calls should be exempt from public information laws in a case brought by The Associated Press.

Newtown officials announced earlier Monday that the tapes will be made public Wednesday.

The AP will review the content and determine what, if any, of it would meet the news cooperative's standards for publication.


Offline Chieftain

  • AMF, YOYO
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 9,633
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Conn. to end fight of release of Newtown 911 calls
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 06:24:39 PM »
Did anyone else read that 44 page report??



Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf