Author Topic: Elton John's tour of Russia on verge of collapse after singer makes 50 pages of demands and pledges to show solidarity with persecuted gay community  (Read 570 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Given John's outspoken advocacy for homosexuality one wonders why the tour was approved to begin with.

Elton John is due to perform in Russia this Friday and Saturday – but the concerts could be called off by local officials if they believe his performances will break their ‘gay propaganda’ laws.

Despite Sir Elton being one of the most famous performers in the world, having sold more than 250 million records worldwide, if officials suspect he’s going to use his appearances to rail against Russia’s new rulings, they will pull the plug, according to The Times.

But that's not really what caught my attention. This did:

The rider – a list of requests – apparently runs to 50 pages and includes his hotel dressing room in Moscow being turned into a ‘paradise garden’ populated by ‘decorative birds’ and trees.

But of course. His surroundings just have to be simply fabulous.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2516928/Elton-Johns-Russian-tour-verge-collapse-gay-solidarity.html
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline flowers

The rider – a list of requests – apparently runs to 50 pages and includes his hotel dressing room in Moscow being turned into a ‘paradise garden’ populated by ‘decorative birds’ and trees.
  Really John?. Good fn grief.

Oceander

Offline Cincinnatus

What else is on goofy-boy's gotta-have list?

This is kinda awkward, Oceander, but I've seen the entire list and, well, your name is on it. Hey, not for me to judge, just to report.

p.s. The two of you do make a lovely couple.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams