Author Topic: Croatia votes on whether to ban gay marriages  (Read 785 times)

Offline flowers

Croatia votes on whether to ban gay marriages
« on: December 01, 2013, 06:12:05 pm »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/1/croatia-votes-whether-ban-gay-marriages/

ZAGREB, Croatia (AP) — Croatians on Sunday are voting in a referendum that could ban gay marriages after conservative groups, backed by the influential Roman Catholic Church, demanded that the country’s constitution define the matrimony as a union of a man and a woman.

The issue has divided the European Union’s newest member nation. Liberal groups have said the referendum’s question — “Do you agree that marriage is matrimony between a man and a woman?” — infringes on basic human rights. The church-backed groups have gathered more than 700,000 signatures in its support.

If a majority votes “yes,” the Croatian Constitution will be amended to ban same-sex marriages.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Croatia votes on whether to ban gay marriages
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 06:57:50 pm »
My former friend who lives in Split, Croatia is most likely stroking out over this.  Our friendship ended because she said she could not be friends with a bigot who hates homosexuals.  Then she and one of her buddies spent a year running all over the Internet trashing me.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 07:01:29 pm »
My former friend who lives in Split, Croatia is most likely stroking out over this.  Our friendship ended because she said she could not be friends with a bigot who hates homosexuals.  Then she and one of her buddies spent a year running all over the Internet trashing me.
Yikes you evil bigot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Then it seems I am one as well.... :laugh:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 08:55:28 pm »
Did Harry Reid not just teach us that 51% is always right??

Let's get onboard here people.......

:whistle:

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 09:52:59 pm »
That's a tough neighborhood.  Albania and Bosnia are the gluing of buttocks and feeding type.  Serbs aren't too tolerant either.  Why do I get the feeling there will be some political asylum seekers coming Uncle Sugar's way.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 09:56:49 pm »
Passed 65-35.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline flowers