Author Topic: Florida State Seminoles Now No. 1 in AP Poll After National Title Race Shake Up  (Read 1142 times)

Offline happyg

NEW YORK (AP) — Florida State is the new No. 1 in The Associated Press college football poll, followed by Ohio State at No. 2 and No. 3 Auburn, which shook up the national title race by upsetting Alabama.

The Crimson Tide had been No. 1 since the preseason as it pursued a third consecutive national championship. But Alabama was stunned at Auburn on Saturday, losing 34-28 on the last play of the game.

That cleared the way for the Seminoles to be No. 1 for the first time since Oct. 1, 2000, the season after their last national title. Florida State received 58 first-place votes Sunday. Auburn got two.

Ohio State received 1,418 points, while Auburn had 1,387.

Alabama fell to No. 4. No. 5 Missouri will play Auburn for the Southeastern Conference title.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/01/can-you-guess-who-is-no-1-in-the-aps-college-football-poll/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Last night's bama/auburn game was one of the most compelling games I have seen.  Everything that makes college football great was encompassed in that game, and then some.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
If it is FSU and OSU for the title game, I will not watch.  They are two teams I have always despised.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline happyg

If it is FSU and OSU for the title game, I will not watch.  They are two teams I have always despised.

I won't miss it. Love OSU since Woody Hayes was coach. Hating OSU has been in vogue for a long time, but we fans don't mind.   ^-^

Offline Relic

We won't miss you. Go Bucks!

Online mountaineer

I'm in AC's camp.
Rah!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

We won't miss you. Go Bucks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online mountaineer

If only FSU didn't have a rapist at QB ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org