Author Topic: Plouffe: ‘People trust this president’  (Read 744 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Plouffe: ‘People trust this president’
« on: December 01, 2013, 04:00:06 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/?hp=44

Plouffe: ‘People trust this president’
By MACKENZIE WEINGER |
12/1/13 10:45 AM EST

Former Senior White House Adviser David Plouffe on Sunday said he believes President Barack Obama’s “numbers will recover” and that people “trust this president.”

“It’s been a tough patch,” Plouffe said on ABC’s “This Week.” “And it’s not just healthcare, you know, the shutdown affected everybody, confidence in government. But let’s fast forward to the State of the Union and the months after that: Health care working better, a lot of people signing up, economy continuing to strengthen, hopefully no Washington shutdowns.”

“I think the president’s numbers will recover, I think people’s confidence will recover,” he added. “And we need to push Congress to do immigration, to do the smart things to help the economy.”

But Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.), also on the “This Week” panel, said the problems with Obamacare will continue to damage the president and his administration.

“The first impression here was terrible, and I think it will be an unfolding disaster for the president,” he said. “This thing is going to be an unmitigated political disaster for the president."

Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), meanwhile, said he was more optimistic about the health care law.

“This website is technology,” he said. “It’s going to get better. It’s already better today.”

Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan, however, said the president’s reputation has been seriously hurt by his claim that those who liked their health plans could keep them. Americans look at Obama and “think, ‘He’s no dummy,’” Noonan said. And “because he’s a smart guy, that means he deliberately misled us” to pass the law.

But, Plouffe said, “I think he spoke directly to this. And I think people accepted what he had to say. I think people trust this president. I think there’s been numbers all over the place. But I'm confident in a few months from now, those trust numbers are going to come up and his approval number will come up.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

Re: Plouffe: ‘People trust this president’
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 04:34:23 pm »
I doubt David Plouffe  trusts Obama. The mistrust of him is the reason so many surround him to cover his lying butt!

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 04:36:14 pm »
If Plouffe's statement was true [and ther polls seem to disagree], people are idiots.  :shrug:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 05:48:15 pm »
I thought Jay Carney said the White House doesn't pay attention to polls?

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 07:43:55 pm »
I take due note Plouffe and Ellison are trying to recalibrate the issue of trust from what his Highness said to the abysmal failure of the website. But that is not what the lack of trust is based upon. Obama said this,
“no matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away.

He lied and no amount of fixing some website is going to alter that fact.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 08:58:03 pm »
David Plouffe also squats to pee.