Author Topic: Look everybody, this is what I did on Thanksgiving! Mitt Romney's son Josh tweets bizarre picture of him smiling by car after rescuing four people from crash  (Read 3147 times)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
All I have to do is look at my Facebook friends post and see how right you are. Here is a few of the latest post - Photo of a cashew salad, a photo of ham along side Mac & Cheese, a photo taken with Santa from 1977, a raw turkey thawing in the sink holding a beer, in between all of those post of "LIKE this" or you are a cruel and evil person.

Hey now, don't go making fun of that shot of the raw turkey "chilling" in the sink.  That was a very funny gag.

Offline Olivia

I see Josh Romney differently than most of you.  Lifting four people out of a car in a bad accident would make you overly excited about the whole ordeal.
Sending a tweet about the situation was typical male.  I think his focus was on the accident and what happened.  Give the poor guy a break!   :laugh:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline olde north church

Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

Hey now, don't go making fun of that shot of the raw turkey "chilling" in the sink.  That was a very funny gag.

I thought it was funny, too, so posted it, just to change the tone around here. I try to find variations for the different kinds of posters. When I read so many posts before I post them, sometimes, they get to me, and I need to lighten up, and thought some of you did, too. I suppose Myst and others who post threads a lot get burned out from time to time, and just need to let it hang out. 

Oh, and thanks for seeing the humor!

Offline Carling

I don't understand why I'm supposed to be outraged over this photo.   :shrug:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline mountaineer

I don't know that "outrage" is called for. Some just found the tweet curious or amusing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

I don't understand why I'm supposed to be outraged over this photo.   :shrug:

Despite my comment upthread, your question is spot on.  It is, once more, an opportunity being taken by the media to impugn someone tangentially associated with the right.  Yes, the picture has a certain quality to it because of the smile and flash-eyes... but outrage?  Here is a man that did the RIGHT thing and went into an uncertain and potentially very hazardous situation.

Imagine a darling of the left in the picture.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

Imagine a darling of the left in the picture.

Then that darling would most assuredly have been savaged by the right.

That's politics. I hate it. (Of course, I get caught up in it, too – hey, despite rumors to the contrary, I'm human.)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Then that darling would most assuredly have been savaged by the right.

That's politics. I hate it. (Of course, I get caught up in it, too – hey, despite rumors to the contrary, I'm human.)

You are right ac... but the Right does not control the volume of media that the Left does.  And, elements of that Left Media would be trumpeting the hero aspect.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck