Author Topic: Putting Military Pay on the Table By THE NYT EDITORIAL BOARD  (Read 245 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Putting Military Pay on the Table By THE NYT EDITORIAL BOARD
« on: November 30, 2013, 08:43:59 PM »

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Re: Putting Military Pay on the Table By THE NYT EDITORIAL BOARD
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 08:44:49 PM »
There is no where else to cut in big government except for military pay...

Support the USO

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 08:26:20 AM »
A slightly sarcastic idea - combine the two. If you're on welfare - you're automatically inducted into the military.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 08:41:09 AM »
We have been down this road before.  The United States dismantled its armed forces to the point that when WWI broke out the Army was forced to train recruits with wooden rifles because there simply were none available.  Jimmy Carter starved DOD to the point that morale hit such lows that many service members "voted with their feet" and left the military in droves.  It took Ronald Reagan to rebuild our military to the point where we finally forced the collapse of the Soviets.

Obama, Hagel and Kerry are the most disastrous troika to hit our Military in decades.  It will take years to repair the damage after they are finally gone.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 08:45:26 AM »
We have been down this road before.  The United States dismantled its armed forces to the point that when WWI broke out the Army was forced to train recruits with wooden rifles because there simply were none available.  Jimmy Carter starved DOD to the point that morale hit such lows that many service members "voted with their feet" and left the military in droves.  It took Ronald Reagan to rebuild our military to the point where we finally forced the collapse of the Soviets.

Obama, Hagel and Kerry are the most disastrous troika to hit our Military in decades.  It will take years to repair the damage after they are finally gone.

You are so right about Carter..even Clinton was bad...I remember my hubby's unit cannibalizing choppers for spare parts and having no fuel to fly them..those were sad days also.........
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 08:45:54 AM by mystery-ak »

Support the USO

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf