Author Topic: Look everybody, this is what I did on Thanksgiving! Mitt Romney's son Josh tweets bizarre picture of him smiling by car after rescuing four people from crash  (Read 3119 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2515717/Look-everybody-I-did-Thanksgiving-Mitt-Romneys-son-Josh-tweets-bizarre-picture-smiling-car-rescuing-people-crash.html

Look everybody, this is what I did on Thanksgiving! Mitt Romney's son Josh tweets bizarre picture of him smiling by car after rescuing four people from crash

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 14:37 EST, 29 November 2013 | UPDATED: 18:10 EST, 29 November 2013

Mitt Romney's son took a break from family celebrations on Thanksgiving night to heroically rescue four victims of a car crash, then boast about it on Twitter.

Josh Romney, 38, posted a message to nearly 20,000 followers on Friday morning, complete with a goofy photo of him grinning in front a destroyed car and wrecked home in Salt Lake City.

The real estate developer sparked an online storm after writing: 'Was first on scene to big accident, see pic of car in the house. I lifted 4 people out to safety. All ok. Thankful.'

Goofy: Romney was mocked after posting this photo of him grinning in front of a wrecked car and ruined house. Amazingly there were no serious injuries in the crash

more here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2515717/Look-everybody-I-did-Thanksgiving-Mitt-Romneys-son-Josh-tweets-bizarre-picture-smiling-car-rescuing-people-crash.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Lando Lincoln

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 03:22:09 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline SouthTexas

Self-aggrandizement.    **nononono*

He didn't take the pic, so I'll give it to him. 

Maybe this will trend on social media and we will have people out saving others rather than trying to knock them out.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Who does this!....very weird..

Was actually talking about this with the missus last night. Neither of us understands it in the slightest.

The tweeting of boring stuff, taking photos of what you are about to eat, status updates that say little. We decided, in the end, that it is the online version of graffiti. Saying "I exist."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline SouthTexas

Was actually talking about this with the missus last night. Neither of us understands it in the slightest.

The tweeting of boring stuff, taking photos of what you are about to eat, status updates that say little. We decided, in the end, that it is the online version of graffiti. Saying "I exist."

Offline NavyCanDo

All I have to do is look at my Facebook friends post and see how right you are. Here is a few of the latest post - Photo of a cashew salad, a photo of ham along side Mac & Cheese, a photo taken with Santa from 1977, a raw turkey thawing in the sink holding a beer, in between all of those post of "LIKE this" or you are a cruel and evil person.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline olde north church

Yeah, it's self-aggrandizing but they found graffiti on the walls of the Pyramids, Colliseum and Temple of the Mount.  If you don't enjoy, don't do it.  There are people who think it's crazy to sit on an uncomfortable seat for 8 hours on a perfectly good Sunday, give up 10% of your wealth and pretend to care about people.
The planet will spin either way.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Yeah, it's self-aggrandizing but they found graffiti on the walls of the Pyramids, Colliseum and Temple of the Mount.  If you don't enjoy, don't do it.  There are people who think it's crazy to sit on an uncomfortable seat for 8 hours on a perfectly good Sunday, give up 10% of your wealth and pretend to care about people.
The planet will spin either way.

Maybe YOU would sit there for 8 hours, pretending to care about others, but projecting your own personal character tendencies onto the rest of the worlds' worshippers is pretty damned bizarre.

Maybe YOU would sit there for 8 hours, pretending to care about others, but projecting your own personal character tendencies onto the rest of the worlds' worshippers is pretty damned bizarre.

That's quite a reponse to a simple observation.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

I sort of get where North is coming from. We all know people who are all "holier than thou" during church service and activities but are complete nightmares to deal with the rest of the time.

Thankfully, there don't seem to be any of those as members here!

Offline SouthTexas

I sort of get where North is coming from. We all know people who are all "holier than thou" during church service and activities but are complete nightmares to deal with the rest of the time.

Thankfully, there don't seem to be any of those as members here!

Had that discussion several years ago with my grandmother.  I told her I didn't need to go to church because it was filled with hypocrites.  See, I knew what they were doing on Saturday night.  She said "Churches are named for saints, not built for them."
Then I got an hour long dissertation on right and wrong in the eyes of the Lord.  :0001:

Online mountaineer

I was a bit hesitant to go further with my point but here we go.
First, I don't claim to be a Christian.  I think many who claim to be are not very good examples but that's not for me to judge.  If someone comes to the door to speak about being saved or the "Word", they don't get into my home but they are always offered a bottle of water and a wrapped snack of some sort.  That's how I treat people. 
I hear a lot of people who talk about being saved or accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.  Most of them couldn't prove it by me.  They are Christian to those who may be able to help them or those who are like them but wouldn't lift a finger to those who don't fit their requirements.
I honestly don't believe many who claim to be Christian have the slightest idea of what it really entails.  The sacrifice of time and wealth and preconception.  It's not just wealth that a man needs to give up.  It's his prejudices, fears and his ignorance.  That's they camel passing through the eye if a needle.
When Jesus spoke to and about the Pharisees, he wasn't playing the role of Fonzie getting ready to rumble with the crosstown gang.  He was warning about the pitfalls and dangers of hypocrisy.  He was warning about what not to become.  It seems much has fallen on deaf ears.
When he spoke about rendering unto Caesar, it was a reminder you live in the world.  You can't lock yourself away from it.  Can't be culturally ignorant.  Samaritans, Roman soldiers, tax collectors, adulteresses.  The hated and despised were those He sought out.  Jesus ministered to those on the edges, the periphery of society, not the "in crowd".
Perhaps I haven't accepted Him but at least I haven't lied to myself about either.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:15:12 pm by olde north church »

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

That's quite a reponse to a simple observation.

You'll excuse me if I was simply bowled over by the broad brush you were using.

You'll excuse me if I was simply bowled over by the broad brush you were using.

When people claim to live by a higher standard, they should be held to a higher standard.  That was the point of my longer response.  People teach more valuable lessons by the way they live than by what they say.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Perhaps I haven't accepted Him but at least I haven't lied to myself about either.

Yeah - right. Of course you haven't.  :beer:

Don't give crap one what you call it - Jesus, God, flying spaghetti monster. You got it.

Online mountaineer

ONC, it's not clear at whom are you directing your ire -  Josh Romney, Lipstick or the rest of us you seem to have judged as fake Christians. It appears you've presumed to know exactly what's in the hearts of people you've never met (people not living by what they say, lying to themselves about Jesus, etc.). Not sure what that has to do with Josh Romney allegedly helping people out of a wrecked car.  :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yikes!   I hope it's not a case of "Here we go again!"

We all know ONC didn't mean any harm....if only based upon his posting history.

We can presume to know...but then we're doing what some are claiming his intent.

That said, I think young Romney's problem is forgetting he's not your everyday guy.   And that haters hate, no matter what your intention of posting it was.

How many of us would have stopped and realized that after assisting 4 people out of an overturned vehicle and smashed house, it wouldn't be appropriate to show the incongruity of it all?

....cause I think that's all he was doing.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

I was a bit hesitant to go further with my point but here we go.
First, I don't claim to be a Christian.  I think many who claim to be are not very good examples but that's not for me to judge.  If someone comes to the door to speak about being saved or the "Word", they don't get into my home but they are always offered a bottle of water and a wrapped snack of some sort.  That's how I treat people. 
I hear a lot of people who talk about being saved or accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.  Most of them couldn't prove it by me.  They are Christian to those who may be able to help them or those who are like them but wouldn't lift a finger to those who don't fit their requirements.
I honestly don't believe many who claim to be Christian have the slightest idea of what it really entails.  The sacrifice of time and wealth and preconception.  It's not just wealth that a man needs to give up.  It's his prejudices, fears and his ignorance.  That's they camel passing through the eye if a needle.
When Jesus spoke to and about the Pharisees, he wasn't playing the role of Fonzie getting ready to rumble with the crosstown gang.  He was warning about the pitfalls and dangers of hypocrisy.  He was warning about what not to become.  It seems much has fallen on deaf ears.
When he spoke about rendering unto Caesar, it was a reminder you live in the world.  You can't lock yourself away from it.  Can't be culturally ignorant.  Samaritans, Roman soldiers, tax collectors, adulteresses.  The hated and despised were those He sought out.  Jesus ministered to those on the edges, the periphery of society, not the "in crowd".

I think the greatest problem many non-Christians have with Christianity, is that they focus on the sinners and not on Jesus Christ in order to excuse their not accepting Him.

You seem here to have a pretty good grasp of Jesus' teachings.

Now you need to let go of the focus you have on being angry at those who have been saved, and look more intently at the Savior.

And it might be best to stop broad-brushing large groups, because not all of us fit into your "hypocrite" meme.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Yeah - right. Of course you haven't.  :beer:

Don't give crap one what you call it - Jesus, God, flying spaghetti monster. You got it.

Actually, my preference would be Zoroastrian but they aren't too keen on converts and  finding a Mithrist temple isn't so easy these days.

I think the greatest problem many non-Christians have with Christianity, is that they focus on the sinners and not on Jesus Christ in order to excuse their not accepting Him.

You seem here to have a pretty good grasp of Jesus' teachings.

Now you need to let go of the focus you have on being angry at those who have been saved, and look more intently at the Savior.

And it might be best to stop broad-brushing large groups, because not all of us fit into your "hypocrite" meme.......

I have a grasp because I felt the calling to the priesthood (no snottiness intended).  There's much more to it.  Some of it too personal.  Much of it too esoteric.

Offline musiclady

I have a grasp because I felt the calling to the priesthood (no snottiness intended).  There's much more to it.  Some of it too personal.  Much of it too esoteric.

No snottiness perceived.

And I have sensed that there's a whole lot "more to it" because your attacks on Christians seem to come from out of nowhere, and don't always bear any relevance to the discussion at hand.

What I have sensed, FWIW (probably not worth much!) is that there is woundedness, and that it's very personal and coloring your attitude toward all of us, and not just those who are responsible for the hurt you feel.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline raml

A person who is a Christian tries to live like Jesus but fails always because the only perfect person was Jesus and he is God who is perfection. You don't have to give up wealth but do need to give to the less fortunate not by edict of the government but by your own individual wish to. We are all sinners and that is why we need to be saved and being saved just means we believe that Jesus is God and that he died for our sins it does not mean we can earn our way to heaven the bible says we need to believe and not by works are we saved. Going to church on Sunday doesn't make you a Christian but helps a Christian to be with others who also have their beliefs and therefore you can relate to them and also the pastor's sermon reminds them of what is needed to live day by day as a Christian. It is not for perfect people since there are no perfect people we may try but we fail. Our faith brings us to God begging for forgiveness for the sins we do every day and everyone sins every day. You have a strange but Catholic way of thinking olde north church.