Author Topic: North Korea parades its American prisoner in chilling 'confession' video: Vet 'apologizes' for allegedly killing civilians 60 years ago  (Read 892 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
North Korea parades its American prisoner in chilling 'confession' video: Vet 'apologizes' for allegedly killing civilians 60 years ago

Merrill Newman, 85, has been detained in North Korea for more than four weeks after he was pulled off a flight back to US on October 26
    On Saturday the North Korean government said he was arrested for being 'a criminal involved in the killing of civilians' during the Korean War
    He was seen shaking as he read four-page handwritten letter on camera admitting to his 'criminal offences'
    It is not known if he was coerced to do so
    Newman, a retired finance executive for technology companies, lives in Palo Alto, California, with his wife, Lee
    U.S. has no diplomatic ties with North Korea and has to rely on the Swedish Embassy for help when Americans find themselves in trouble
    Newman is the sixth American to be detained in North Korea since 2009
    Kenneth Bae, Korean-American and Christian missionary, was detained last year and sentenced to 15 years of hard labor

By Marie-louise Olson

PUBLISHED: 01:05 EST, 30 November 2013 | UPDATED: 02:03 EST, 30 November 2013

A video has been released by the North Korean government showing detained American veteran Merrill Newman, 85, admitting to being 'guilty' of crimes including killing innocent civilians when he was a soldier in the Korean War.

Newman, who has not been heard from since he was detained on October 26, is seen reading a four-page hand-scribbled letter on camera in an undisclosed location in the video released on Saturday.

The veteran from California looks uneasy in the video, and with shaking hands apologizes for what he supposedly did 60 years ago.

‘I realize that I cannot be forgiven for my offensives but I beg for pardon on my knees by apologizing for my offensives sincerely toward the DPRK government and the Korean people and I want not punish me,' he reads.

Chilling video: Merrill Newman, 85, 'admits' to being ‘guilty of a long list of inedible crimes’ against the North Korean government, including the deaths of 50 North Korean soldiers under his command. The video was released on Saturday and was seemingly filmed on November 9. He is seen bowing after he finished reading the letter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShpW9qCuwGE

more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2515936/North-Korea-parades-American-prisoner-chilling-video-Veteran-apologizes-allegedly-killing-civilians-supposed-war-crimes-committed-conflict-60-years-ago.html
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 02:05:00 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

Incredible.  Our President just soiled himself again.  "What to do, what to do...?"  Presidenting is such hard work.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

:beer:
Sorry...it's there now..lol

Reading the article - the guy is well up on the idiot scale.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 02:53:23 pm by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Offline flowers

A few years ago somebody told me if the US becomes weak, the country's that are ruthless will spring forward and re-arm, nuke up and try to get as much power as they can as long as USA is down.

I see this event occurring all over the world these days. NK, Iran China  just to name a few.

Obama has done what he said he would do...fundamentally transform this country. 3 more years we will be lucky to be a 3rd rate country.

NK is rubbing this in our face. Not Obama's ours. They know Obama won't do a thing.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 05:32:40 pm by flowers »