Author Topic: Poll shows Americans would rather dine with Blake Shelton, Adam Levine than the Obamas this Thanksgiving  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/2013/11/poll-shows-americans-would-rather-dine-with-blake-shelton-adam-levine-than-the-obamas-this-thanksgiv.html

Poll shows Americans would rather dine with Blake Shelton, Adam Levine than the Obamas this Thanksgiving

When it comes to what holiday meal is the best of the year, there's no contest! 65 percent of Americans agree that Thanksgiving celebrations have the best food, according to a recent poll.

While respondents have strong traditional ideas about the foods and activities associated with the holiday, they were a little more divided on other, more hot-button issues. 46 percent of Americans are willing to battle crowds for good deals on Black Friday, but more than three-quarters of respondents agree that retailers should be closed on Thanksgiving.

On a more amusing note, NBC's The Voice judges Adam Levine and Blake Shelton beat out the First Family for who Americans would most like to dine with on Thanksgiving, by only a one percent margin.

The data for this infographic was compiled by KRC Research and based on the responses of 500 Americans.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

I like Adam and Blake. If I were 30 years younger, I wouldn't mind Blake singing to me, and just hanging out with Adam. He was recently named the most sexy or good looking man in the world (I forget which).

Actually, Adam reminds me of my step-grandson. They look a lot alike and have the same mannerisms.

I would have dined with anyone before I'd eat with Hooch and Mooch.

Offline Rapunzel

I like Adam and Blake. If I were 30 years younger, I wouldn't mind Blake singing to me, and just hanging out with Adam. He was recently named the most sexy or good looking man in the world (I forget which).

Actually, Adam reminds me of my step-grandson. They look a lot alike and have the same mannerisms.

I would have dined with anyone before I'd eat with Hooch and Mooch.

Blake makes me wish I WAS 30 years younger ~LOL~  I have a thing for Gemini men.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline olde north church

Blake makes me wish I WAS 30 years younger ~LOL~  I have a thing for Gemini men.

Geminis are quite dangerous, regardless of gender!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
At least I would hope Blake or Adam would not try to force me to buy health insurance, as the Obamas so famously suggested last week.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

I've never watched "The Voice" and know nothing about their individual music careers, and still would rather dine with Blake and Adam. Or their dogs. Or grandmothers. Or cleaning ladies. Or pool boys.
 Anyone but President and Mrs. Zero.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

I've never watched "The Voice" and know nothing about their individual music careers, and still would rather dine with Blake and Adam. Or their dogs. Or grandmothers. Or cleaning ladies. Or pool boys.
 Anyone but President and Mrs. Zero.
:silly: :silly: I love that show!

Offline flowers

I have noticed this more and more lately. More are dissing Micheeelle and O these days. Not enough though.

Offline happyg

I have noticed this more and more lately. More are dissing Micheeelle and O these days. Not enough though.

Many of them (maybe most) are young people. He lost that loving feeling.

Offline Rapunzel

Geminis are quite dangerous, regardless of gender!

My husband was a Gemini.......  and many of our friends - Gemini.   A Gemini can charm the birds out of the trees.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:59:37 pm by Rapunzel »

Offline olde north church

My husband was a Gemini.......  and many of our friends - Gemini.   A Gemini can charm the birds out of the trees.

I was born 1 day or 2 day short, depending up which chart you use.  My mother thinks I'm very Taurean.  My stepmother says I'm Gemini.  I think I'm just a very stubborn schizophrenic. 
I dated a few Geminis.  It was always like there were 4 people at the dinner table.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

I was born 1 day or 2 day short, depending up which chart you use.  My mother thinks I'm very Taurean.  My stepmother says I'm Gemini.  I think I'm just a very stubborn schizophrenic. 
I dated a few Geminis.  It was always like there were 4 people at the dinner table.

My sister and several friends are Taurus.. you are definitely more Taurus than Gemini (don't take it as an insult not meant that way)...