Author Topic: Kelly Osbourne flames Obama over L.A. traffic nightmare  (Read 660 times)

Offline happyg

Kelly Osbourne flames Obama over L.A. traffic nightmare
« on: November 29, 2013, 03:43:06 am »
Kelly Osbourne went ballistic after a swanky fundraiser attended by President Obama shut down traffic in a wide section of Los Angeles, leaving the reality TV celebrity trapped while her dogs starved and La La Land’s peaceful streets descended into post-apocalyptic chaos.

Twitchy reports that Osbourne, best know as the daughter of Black Sabbath frontman Ozzy Osbourne, took to Twitter as the always-intrusive presidential visit to L.A. turned that veritable paradise into an urban nightmare. Osbourne’s stream of invective started off with the news that the E! “Fashion Police” panelist had been “driving around for over an hour trying to get home because the ‘president’ is at a party on my street.”

Osbourne’s scare quotes on the word “president” to describe the nation’s first black commander in chief preceded an ever-more volatile tirade during which she alternately fumed and pleaded to be allowed home to feed her pets.

Kelly Osbourne        ✔  @KellyOsbourne 
Follow
I come from a county of real royals and they don't even pull this shit for the Queen!

Kelly Osbourne        ✔  @KellyOsbourne 
Follow
Dear @BarackObama please can I go home to feed my dogs & go to bed I promise I pose no threat to you. I just want to go home

More at link:http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/28/kelly-osbourne-flames-obama-over-l-a-traffic-nightmare/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:44:05 am by happyg »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Kelly Osbourne flames Obama over L.A. traffic nightmare
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 04:30:00 am »
She has a point.

Two germane observations:

There is a pub called The Westminster Arms. It's on a side street by the Abbey and it is a pretty popular pub for any local workers plus the MP's that don't mind mingling with us unwashed ones. Since it is small and non-smoking, there is always a crowd outside. The street it is on is a shortcut that the Queen's driver uses to head west. Several times I have seen her or Prince Phillip stopped in traffic outside the pub. They usually give us all a wave. No police outriders, no convoys, no road closures. She's just sitting in the back of a Bentley with one maid and one guard.

The first visit of Obama to London - his security team laid out what they needed. Road closures, crush barriers, a massively elevated police presence. They were very politely but firmly told to Eff off. The funniest bit, of course, was that, since they were staying in the palace itself, all of the Secret Service agents had to turn over their weapons. The right to bear live arms in the presence of the Royal family is a massive privilege. Not one that any member of a foreign power is granted easily - I can only think of two (off the top of my head) who have the right to be armed in her presence.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 06:55:18 am »
I come from a county of real royals and they don't even pull this shit for the Queen!

Maybe so, Kelly dear, but we do for ours.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 11:54:10 am »
Remember when "W" actually pulled one of the Secret Service agents up and through the crowd at the airport on the Argentina trip? 
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 08:08:03 pm »
Remember when "W" actually pulled one of the Secret Service agents up and through the crowd at the airport on the Argentina trip?

I think that was Chile and they were going into a state dinner when the agent got in some sort of scuffle and W took charge and pulled him in....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 08:31:06 pm »
I think that was Chile and they were going into a state dinner when the agent got in some sort of scuffle and W took charge and pulled him in....

Speaks to his integrity.  What we have now is unworthy to bear his shoes.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.