Author Topic: Mike Tyson: 'Horrible' Obamacare Doesn't Work  (Read 906 times)

Offline happyg

Mike Tyson: 'Horrible' Obamacare Doesn't Work
« on: November 29, 2013, 03:34:57 am »
By Greg Richter
President Barack Obama has lost standing in the office after promising people they could keep their health care plans and doctors, former heavyweight boxing champ Mike Tyson says.

I don't know what it takes to become a president," Tyson said Wednesday on CNN's "Piers Morgan Live."

"I don't know how many butts, or how much of a brown-noser you've got to be to be a president."

Still, Tyson said, Obama is a role model as an African-American man leading the free world. It allows young black men to see something they can aspire to, he said.

Tyson said he was a big fan of the Affordable Care Act, but the troubled rollout has left him less than impressed. In addition to the broken promises, the website for signing up, which was supposed to go online Oct. 1, is still plagued with glitches.

"It just really went horrible, didn't it?" Tyson said. "It's really bad.

"I was for it 100 percent," Tyson told Morgan, "but we have to come to the reality that it didn't work."

Morgan noted that many African-American guests on his show have complained that Obama, the nation's first black president, hasn't done enough for the black community.

Tyson said the problems of black America are not solely the responsibility of the president.

"We've got to conduct ourselves as respectable African-Americans," he said, citing young black men playing the so-called "Knockout Game" in which innocent people are attacked on the street.

No other president before Obama has cared only about the black population, Tyson noted. "And I don't think that's ever going to happen."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/mike-tyson-obamacare-horrible-piers-morgan/2013/11/28/id/539131#ixzz2m0BqJDeL

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Mike Tyson: 'Horrible' Obamacare Doesn't Work
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 03:42:51 am »
Mike and Piers.....now there's a pair to draw on.........

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 04:13:23 am »
No other president before Obama has cared only about the black population, Tyson noted. "And I don't think that's ever going to happen."

At the risk of having me spleen pureed should Mike Tyson ever read this:

He's not supposed to. He is the President of the USA. All of it. Not just one segment, or the 50% plus one who voted for him. Pretty much every president has understood that, until this one. Yes, they all had agendas, pet projects and interests, and a vision of how the US should develop, but none of them forgot that they were the President of all the citizens (No, not even Jimmy Carter).
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 04:42:02 am »
Tyson might be a fairly intelligent fellow, and now supposedly off from drugs, makes some common sense.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln