Author Topic: Obama: I haven't made fun of Tea Baggers  (Read 663 times)

rangerrebew

Obama: I haven't made fun of Tea Baggers
« on: November 28, 2013, 10:45:52 am »
He hasn't made of fun of them; condemned them, called them names, suggested they are the cause of all problems in D.C., berated them, castigated them, compared them to terrorists, but not made fun of them.  Is this guy becoming more of a looney tune every day? :woohoo:

November 28, 2013

Obama: I Haven't Made Fun of Tea Baggers

Katie Pavlich

According to the New York Post's Page Six, President Obama used the term "tea-bagger" in a letter response to a Texas teacher, Thomas J. Ritter. Ritter wrote a letter to President Obama expressing his concerns about the way he, and others in his administration, handles criticism over issues like healthcare.

Ritter reportedly wrote:

“I hesitated to write for fear of some kind of retribution .?.?. I watched you make fun of tea baggers and your press secretary make fun of Ms. [Sarah] Palin which was especially beneath the dignity of the White House .?.?. Do the right thing not the political thing. Suggest a bill that Americans can support.”

Obama responded with:

“I received your letter, an appreciate your concern about the toxic political environment right now. I do have to challenge you, though, on the notion that any citizen that disagrees with me has been ‘targeted and ridiculed’ or that I have ‘made fun’ of tea-baggers. I think a fair reading is that I have gone out of my way to listen to legitimate criticism, and defend strongly the rights of everyone to speak their mind."

To be fair, Ritter used the term "tea-bagger" first in his initial letter to Obama, but you'd think the President of the United States wouldn't repeat the degrading term, especially in writing, without at least condemning it.

H/T Ben Domenech
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/11/27/obama-i-havent-made-fun-of-tea-baggers-n1754083
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 10:48:03 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: Obama: I haven't made fun of Tea Baggers
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 10:18:04 pm »
I do have to challenge you, though, on the notion that any citizen that disagrees with me has been ‘targeted and ridiculed’

Uh, Mr President, could you look into this, please:
Cancer patient who spoke out against ObamaCare now being audited by IRS
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 10:40:08 pm »
I do have to challenge you, though, on the notion that any citizen that disagrees with me has been ‘targeted and ridiculed’

Joe the plummer, Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz oh and the tea party getting targeted by the IRS are a few that come to mind.

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 01:48:09 pm »
Where do these people learn to lie the way they do?  The Bile Clinton school of political deception? :pondering: