Author Topic: Jimmy Carter's Legacy Shadows Grandson's Run  (Read 745 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jimmy Carter's Legacy Shadows Grandson's Run
« on: November 29, 2013, 05:32:53 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx?nodeid=539198

Newsmax
Jimmy Carter's Legacy Shadows Grandson's Run
Friday, November 29, 2013 11:49 AM

Jason Carter's campaign to be the next Georgia governor is being shadowed by the legacy of his grandfather,  former President Jimmy Carter, Politico reports.

Case in point: Five days after the younger Carter jumped into the Georgia governor's race, his grandfather delivered a speech urging a ban on the death penalty. Within hours, the candidate  told a reporter, "I believe in the death penalty for heinous crimes, and that won't change when I’m governor."

The episode the upsides and downsides of the Carter legacy for the young Democratic state senator, who is waging a long-shot bid to unseat Republican Gov. Nathan Deal.

DespiteHispanic- and African-American populations in Georgia, the state remains solid GOP terrain and for many conservatives Jimmy Carter embodies failed liberalism and weak leadership.

Carter, a 38-year-old Duke- and University of Georgia-educated lawyer is a respected voice in the state Senate, Politico notes, and calls himself as a centrist Democrat who will work to reform education and state ethics laws.

Carter announced his candidacy earlier this month, as Democrats are already energized about their 2014 prospects with Michelle Nunn — daughter of Georgia legend Sam Nunn, a former senator — seeking a Senate seat.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

Re: Jimmy Carter's Legacy Shadows Grandson's Run
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 05:47:07 pm »
The only Carter I would trust is the children's clothing company.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 03:10:53 pm »
The only Carter I would trust is the children's clothing company.
Or "little liver pills."   :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 03:19:48 pm »
Carter's legacy is more of a plight than anything else.  He is remembered for weakness, incompetence and arrogance.