Author Topic: Barbra Streisand infuriated decorators with her demands in renovation of Malibu mansion  (Read 740 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

No surprise really. She's a devout Liberal and Obamaniac so her arrogance towards though she considers her inferiors is to be expected.

Barbra Streisand’s diva ways apparently extend from her performances to her palace.

Sources tell Confidenti@l the Grammy Award-winner made ridiculous and patronizing demands on interior decorators who recently worked on her $100 million Malibu mansion.

We have learned “The Send in the Clowns” singer allegedly behaved like one by constantly squabbling with workers over prices, refusing to eat while decorators were in her house, and barring workers from even looking at her.

Wasn't Hillary also accused of demanding that WH staff not look at or speak to her? Oh, well, to continue.

“They were told by a friend of hers, ‘Now children, you cannot make eye contact with Babs. You know that she does not like that. Do not look at her while you’re here,’ ” reveals our source.

The design pros supposedly were outraged at being spoken to like schoolchildren and considered walking off the job. Our snitch says Streisand – who Confidenti@l reported earlier this month collected a cool $2.3 million for singing just 10 tunes at a banking conference — haggled over prices as if she were at a flea market.

“It was a chore to deal with her whining, and it’s not worth the time and effort because she’s so stingy,” claims our source. “Barbra is extremely persnickety about every small detail and pattern, and she’s a huge know-it-all to boot. She sees herself as an extraordinary design aficionado.”

In 2010, Streisand released “My Passion for Design” — her first book billed as “a lavishly illustrated personal tour of the great star’s homes and collections.” In it she shows off the basement of her Malibu oceanfront estate, where she’s bizarrely created a Victorian shopping mall.

“I’m very concerned with symmetry and proportion,” she told Gayle King in an interview at the 2010 New York Book Expo. “When something’s off its mark, it disturbs me viscerally.”

Working with Streisand is said to have disturbed these designers greatly.

“Barbra is all agony and no ecstasy,” says our source. “She goes through each and every swatch and then loves to penny-pinch. Meanwhile, she has more money than God.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/babs-isn-fab-interior-decorators-streisand-mansion-article-1.1530397
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Most interior designers HATE being out-patronized.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

“When something’s off its mark, it disturbs me viscerally.”
OMG! Me too!!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cincinnatus

I must speak in defense of Barbra. I read elsewhere that the reason she demanded no one look at her was for their protection. For if they did they would turn to stone.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I must speak in defense of Barbra. I read elsewhere that the reason she demanded no one look at her was for their protection. For if they did they would turn to stone.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Damn it - you surprised a full on belly laugh with that.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline andy58-in-nh

“I’m very concerned with symmetry and proportion,” she told Gayle King in an interview at the 2010 New York Book Expo. “When something’s off its mark, it disturbs me viscerally.”'

Are there no mirrors in her house?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn