• Administrator
« on: November 27, 2013, 09:37:56 AM »

Support the USO

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 09:56:54 AM »
Translation:
"Castro gave me a cushy government job as a propagandist. That's far easier than finding work the way the American economy is now. #thankscastro"

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 10:24:35 AM »
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline Millee

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 10:30:22 AM »
Is he a victim????  Am I supposed to feel bad for him or something???   :shrug:

Sorry, but I don't. 

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 10:47:04 AM »
Is he a victim????  Am I supposed to feel bad for him or something???   :shrug:

Sorry, but I don't. 

Think about it this way. His entire experience in the US, as viewed as an impressionable child, would be that of a police state. Constantly being pursued and his family's home raided and his being snatched and taken away by men with guns. He may be told the US is a land of freedom, but Clinton's Justice Department didn't give him that. They left him with memories of Janet Reno's police state thuggery. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 12:02:48 PM »
He has been successfully brainwashed.

It's so sad, because he could have been a free man in this country, instead of a puppet in a Communist regime.

And yes, we can thank thug Janet Reno under Clinton's command for destroying this young man's life.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 01:38:04 PM »
He has been successfully brainwashed.

It's so sad, because he could have been a free man in this country, instead of a puppet in a Communist regime.

And yes, we can thank thug Janet Reno under Clinton's command for destroying this young man's life.
Well, some people would rather be a well-fed slave than a hungry free man. There are many like him here in America and around the world.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »
Well, some people would rather be a well-fed slave than a hungry free man. There are many like him here in America and around the world.

True enough.................but each one is its own small tragedy, IMO.

Elian should still be free, even though he's been convinced it's a bad thing.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 02:32:57 PM »
Gonzalez was 5 years old in November 1999 when miraculously he remained floating on an inflated inner tube after the sinking of the boat carrying undocumented immigrants, including his mother, Elizabeth Brotons, who died along with 10 others while trying to reach the Florida coast from Cuba.

I wonder if Elian ever reflects on what drove his mother and the 10 others to flee Cuba in such an unsafe manner and head where?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 02:54:59 PM »
Think about it this way. His entire experience in the US, as viewed as an impressionable child, would be that of a police state. Constantly being pursued and his family's home raided and his being snatched and taken away by men with guns. He may be told the US is a land of freedom, but Clinton's Justice Department didn't give him that. They left him with memories of Janet Reno's police state thuggery. 

Yep. He can literally see no difference, assuming he remembers much of it (kids are pretty good at supressing memories). In that case, being with his Dad in a place he is familiar with is the better option, as far as he is concerned.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf