Author Topic: Gallup: Majority not affected by ObamaCare  (Read 998 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gallup: Majority not affected by ObamaCare
« on: November 26, 2013, 10:01:00 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/191513-majority-not-yet-affected-by-obamacare

November 26, 2013, 04:03 pm
Gallup: Majority not affected by ObamaCare

By Rebecca Shabad

Sixty-nine percent of people in the United States say ObamaCare has had no effect on them or their families, according to a Gallup poll released Tuesday afternoon.

Of those affected by the law, 19 percent say it has hurt them or their family, while 9 percent say it has helped them.

Gallup reported that 70 percent of those who say they have been affected by the law have no health insurance. They are the people the law was designed to target.

A small number of the uninsured, 3 percent, has already obtained insurance for next year.

These figures come as the Obama administration works to repair HealthCare.gov by Saturday.

Earlier this month, officials revealed only 106,185 people had enrolled in ObamaCare in October — far lower than the 500,000 officials had hoped to target that month.

Gallup said views of the law are influenced by political ideology. Democrats and liberals, for example, were among those surveyed who said the law has helped them.

Overall, 41 percent said ObamaCare will make their own situations worse in the long-term. Only 20 percent say the law will make them better off.

More Americans have consistently expressed negative opinions of the law, Gallup notes, and this 21-percentage-point gap is the largest to date.

Views of the law have remained relatively the same, however, since the beginning of November. Forty percent approve of the law, but 54 percent disapprove.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Gallup: Majority not affected by ObamaCare
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 10:11:26 pm »
fl

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:13:07 pm »
I wonder who these 69 percenters are?  Out of 15 people I spoke to the other day  all but 2 had been affected by deathcare.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 10:18:27 pm »
Bah!  Sixty-nine-percent of the people have not been affected...yet!
Give them time.  They'll get around to you sooner or later.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 10:19:34 pm »
I wonder who these 69 percenters are?  Out of 15 people I spoke to the other day  all but 2 had been affected by deathcare.

I don't buy it.. either they only interviewed seniors on Medicare and poor on Medicaid or they are fudging the numbers like they did in the election due to pressure from the WH.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 10:40:07 pm »
I don't buy it.. either they only interviewed seniors on Medicare and poor on Medicaid or they are fudging the numbers like they did in the election due to pressure from the WH.
I don't buy it either. Like I said I spoke to 15 people all but 2 had deathcare problems. Most their cost went up. Rules had changed. They were extremely upset.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 01:11:23 am »
Ever since the election Gallup has been an organ used to distort public opinion.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024