Author Topic: Obama: Health care law critics will 'meet my resistance'  (Read 891 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: Health care law critics will 'meet my resistance'
« on: November 26, 2013, 11:43:48 pm »
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/26/21630421-obama-health-care-law-critics-will-meet-my-resistance

Obama: Health care law critics will 'meet my resistance'
By Michael O'Brien, NBC News

President Barack Obama vowed to fend off attacks on his signature health care law during an economy-focused speech at Dreamworks headquarters in California.

President Obama talks about the Affordable Care Act while speaking at DreamWorks Animation in Glendale, Calif., Tuesday.

Obama lauded Hollywood as "one of America's economic engines" during a speech to cap a West Coast swing -- largely to raise money for Democrats -- before this week's holiday.

But the president also pledged to press forward with implementation of health care reform in the face of continued Republican opposition.

"Yes, we're going to continue to implement the health care law. The product is good, people want it," Obama said during a speech outside of the movie studio's offices in Glendale, Calif.

"Anybody who's going to keep on pushing against that, they will meet my resistance," he added, "because I am willing to fix any problems that there are, but I'm not going to abandon people to make sure that they've got health insurance in this country."

Obama also resuscitated some familiar criticism of congressional Republicans, whom he accused of slowing the progress of agenda items which the president said would help the middle class.

"We'd be a lot further along without some of the dysfunction and obstruction we've seen in Washington," he said.

Referencing the acclaimed "Godfather" movies and one of its main characters, Vito Corleone, Obama added a quip in reference to the GOP.

"It turns out Marlon Brando had it easy because, when it comes to Congress, there's no such thing as an offer they can't refuse," the president joked.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Obama: Health care law critics will 'meet my resistance'
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 11:51:00 pm »
If the economics don't work, Obammy, your law will collapse.    If the Republicans refuse to pour more money into this turkey (which they will refuse to do), your law will collapse.

The  one thing you HAVE done is prove to the American people that you are a chronic liar.  Only your brain-dead base will ever believe you again.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 11:54:20 pm »
 He will go all the way...if he has to he'll go down with it.  I doubt that happens...white guilt rules America with an iron grip, they'll always let the first black president slide out of whatever box he is trapped in. 
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 12:04:32 am »
He's lying again. This whole thing was planned to fail.