Author Topic:  (Read 436 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: November 26, 2013, 01:28:18 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 03:59:15 PM »
Why would a Muslim support the Catholic (or any) church?

Offline RandyKaplan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 09:53:23 PM »
As someone who worked as an intern in the US Embassy in Rome, I can testify that it makes no sense whatsoever to combine the embassy to the Vatican with the embassy to Italy. It's an insult to the Vatican, to the Pope, to Italy - who certainly does not wish it to be assumed that they will follow the Vatican policy on any number of issues - and to Catholics all over the world.

I think that Republican candidates should hit this issue hard. It seems like finally finding the wedge issue that flips the Hispanic vote into the Republican column has been a conservative obsession for ages. Well, this may be it. It can't hurt with blue-collar ethnic Catholics, either - although I can't imagine a shift in those voters' allegiance could possibly make any difference in any states besides Ohio and Pennsylvania. I'd love to hear what Barone has to say about this.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 09:59:05 PM »
Nothing this administration does make any sense to me.

One interesting observation here, for whatever reason among the Hispanic population in my Arizona town of 50,000 there is a huge portion of them who are Jehovah's Witness...   

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 06:37:02 PM »
Good post, Randy. Welcome!
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 10:18:29 AM »
It seems like finally finding the wedge issue that flips the Hispanic vote into the Republican column has been a conservative obsession for ages. Well, this may be it.

Wish it were true, but sadly I don't see it happening.  Of course, there are exceptions.  From friend's uncle who is a 93 year old WWII vet to SIL that is more of a right wing redneck than I am, but those are the exception, not the rule. 

The rats have it wrapped for some reason, tradition maybe.  Don't know why you would vote for someone that does not share your views.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf