Author Topic: New Jersey waitress who was denied tip because she was gay may have forged receipt: report  (Read 836 times)

Offline happyg

Dayna Morales, who posted the receipt on Facebook, is sticking to her story. Morales’ image shows a $93.55 bill, no tip, and the message, ‘Sorry, I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle and the way you live your life.’ But the couple came forward with their copy of the receipt and their credit card bill statement to debunk Morales’ story.

By Irving Dejohn

The New Jersey waitress that claimed she was denied a tip because she was gay may have forged the receipt.

A couple has come forward to debunk Dayna Morales’ account that a disgusting diner left no gratuity and instead wrote “Sorry, I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle and the way you live your life” on the receipt, according to a report.

The unidentified patrons told NBC4 New York that they actually left a handsome $18 tip on top of the $93.55 tab and never scrawled anything about Morales’ sexuality on the bill.

I think there’s enough hate and intolerance in the world, that to create it when it wasn't there is shameful and dishonorable,” the woman told NBC.

The couple provided a copy of their receipt and credit card bill, which revealed a $111.55 charge from the Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, N.J., NBC reported.

But NBC 4 New York obtained a copy of an unidentified couple’s receipt that casts doubt on Morales’ claims. Their copy shows a handsome $18 tip, bringing the total bill to $111.55.

The incident drew national outrage earlier this month after Morales posted a photo of the receipt on the “Have A Gay Day” Facebook page.

The couple, who are calling Morales’ actions ‘dishonorable,’ submitted a copy of their credit card statement to further back up their claims.

“I said, ‘oh my god,’ she’s doctored up our check,” the wife told NBC4.

Since the shocking incident, kind-hearted people have been giving Morales money to make up for the gross gratuity, NJ.com reported. Morales — a former Marine — has said she would donate all of the proceeds to the Wounded Warrior Project.

The patrons did not reveal their identity to NBC4 New York.

But Morales offered no explanation regarding the claim that she doctored the receipt.

“I don’t know, all I know is what I've been saying,” she said.

Other racist receipts have been called into question by restaurant patrons. A Tennesee man plans to sue Red Lobster after an internet firestorm involving the word "N-----" written on a receipt given to a black waitress. The man enlisted a handwriting expert to help clear his name after he received a slew of online fury and death threats.

Gallop Asian Bistro said in a statement that they are launching an “internal investigation” into the dining discrepancy.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/new-jersey-waitress-victim-discrimination-forged-receipt-article-1.1529227#ixzz2llfPm23E

But the quickly couple noticed that the receipt was theirs and wanted to clear up any claims that they are bigots.

More pictures and video at link:
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/new-jersey-waitress-victim-discrimination-forged-receipt-article-1.1529227#ixzz2llen8gJ2

Offline Millee

What a shock. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
No surprise. It is obvious the handwriting in the signature is different than the note, not even close, just like the red lobster incident. The waitress probably saw what happened with that waitress getting 10K in donations, and thought she could cash in too.

Offline musiclady

I'm so sick of these leftist liars.    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline SouthTexas

Since the shocking incident, kind-hearted people have been giving Morales money to make up for the gross gratuity, NJ.com reported.

I hope all those people that "gave" to her enjoyed it because they sure got screwed!

Morales — a former Marine — has said she would donate all of the proceeds to the Wounded Warrior Project.

I know there is all kinds in every walk of life, but this is very disappointing.  Someone should really follow-up on this and check to see if anything at all is going to Wounded Warrior.

Offline flowers

May have.............of course she did.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
May have.............of course she did.

And Gallop Asian Bistro has to have some responsibility in this because they would have known from their own books the amount that was entered in their POS system. They would have known from the start the customer did tip and she lied. They not only let this go on, they capitalized on the publicity.

People are giving them hell on their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/gallopasianbistro

Offline happyg

And Gallop Asian Bistro has to have some responsibility in this because they would have known from their own books the amount that was entered in their POS system. They would have known from the start the customer did tip and she lied. They not only let this go on, they capitalized on the publicity.

People are giving them hell on their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/gallopasianbistro

The comments are very interesting. The restaurant recently opened, and the cost must have been enormous, only to might be shut down because of a lesbian bringing attention to herself through criminal means.