« on: November 26, 2013, 12:19:14 AM »

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »
I would think they would try feeding their people first

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:36:39 AM »
yah...the Indian Navy still has not come up with any viable reason to explain the explosion onboard one of their submarines that sank the sub and killed most of its crew back in August.  The Russians built the sub and they are blaming Indian incompetence and ordnance handling procedures that resulted in the detonation of at least one warhead inside the sub and the ignition of at least one missile rocket motor in the resulting explosion that blew most of the bow of the sub through the concrete seawall in front of the berth.  Not only have the Indians not recovered all of the bodies yet, they have also not come up with any viable plan on how to safely raise what's left of the sub since it still has live ordnance aboard whose condition is unknown and could easily result in more high energy explosions if tampered with.

And don't get me started on former Soviet "aircraft carriers"........

My confidence in India's "blue water navy" is not high.  They are not even doing anything meaningful about Somali piracy right in their own back yard.

SPQR

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 08:26:53 PM »
I would think they would try feeding their people first

The reason why need a blue water navy foil China and Pakistan both mutual enemies.China claims 92,000 square kilometers of Indian territory and the border between India and China , which is neither marked on the ground nor on mutually accepted maps.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:31:28 PM by SPQR »

SPQR

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 08:36:47 PM »
yah...the Indian Navy still has not come up with any viable reason to explain the explosion onboard one of their submarines that sank the sub and killed most of its crew back in August.  The Russians built the sub and they are blaming Indian incompetence and ordnance handling procedures that resulted in the detonation of at least one warhead inside the sub and the ignition of at least one missile rocket motor in the resulting explosion that blew most of the bow of the sub through the concrete seawall in front of the berth.  Not only have the Indians not recovered all of the bodies yet, they have also not come up with any viable plan on how to safely raise what's left of the sub since it still has live ordnance aboard whose condition is unknown and could easily result in more high energy explosions if tampered with.

And don't get me started on former Soviet "aircraft carriers"........

My confidence in India's "blue water navy" is not high.  They are not even doing anything meaningful about Somali piracy right in their own back yard.

About 25 military vessels from the EU and NATO countries, the United States, China, Russia, India and Japan patrolled approximately 8.3M km2 (3.2M sq miles) of ocean, an area about the size of Western Europe. The Indians are doing something about the Pirates.The Indian Navy responded to these concerns by deploying a warship in the region in 2008. In September 2008, Russia announced that it too would join international efforts to combat piracy The reason why India gets Russian hardware because in 1971 I believe they signed a deal with the Russians.

SPQR

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 08:40:28 PM »
About 25 military vessels from the EU and NATO countries, the United States, China, Russia, India and Japan patrolled approximately 8.3M km2 (3.2M sq miles) of ocean, an area about the size of Western Europe. The Indians are doing something about the Pirates.The Indian Navy responded to these concerns by deploying a warship in the region in 2008. In September 2008, Russia announced that it too would join international efforts to combat piracy The reason why India gets Russian hardware because in 1971 I believe they signed a deal with the Russians.

Indian Navy could send more warships to counter Somalian pirates in the Gulf of Aden even as Somalia has permitted India to enter its territorial waters as part of an effort to check piracy.

Besides India, navies of US and France have also been permitted hot pursuit in Somalian territorial waters which extends upto 12 nautical miles from the coastline.

India is also considering increasing number of warships on anti-piracy patrol in the Gulf of Aden from one to four after a request from the Ministry of Shipping.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/india-gets-the-right-of-hot-pursuit-in-somali-waters/78607-3.html?from=rssfeed
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:42:11 PM by SPQR »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 08:43:09 PM »

Indeed the Russians have been supplying India with all kinds of "good deals" on treaty hardware of all kinds, originally as a way for the Soviets to try and counter the Allied presence on Diego Garcia.  But the Indian track record using this equipment, including the submarine the Indians destroyed, has not reflected well on Russian designs and construction. 

I'm saying that India is more interested in trying to counter Pakistan and her nukes than maintaining any kind of long term and full scale maritime operation to end piracy off the Horn of Africa and in the IO once and for all.

SPQR

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 08:44:52 PM »
Indeed the Russians have been supplying India with all kinds of "good deals" on treaty hardware of all kinds, originally as a way for the Soviets to try and counter the Allied presence on Diego Garcia.  But the Indian track record using this equipment, including the submarine the Indians destroyed, has not reflected well on Russian designs and construction. 

I'm saying that India is more interested in trying to counter Pakistan and her nukes than maintaining any kind of long term and full scale maritime operation to end piracy off the Horn of Africa and in the IO once and for all.

Yes they do not have a good track record on the equipment but they are fast learners and learning from their mistakes

SPQR

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 12:36:38 AM »

I do not think they are interested in Diego Garcia Island...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf