Author Topic: Obama: Boehner 'Sincere' About Getting Immigration Reform Done  (Read 848 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Obama: Boehner 'Sincere' About Getting Immigration Reform Done
« on: November 26, 2013, 04:21:01 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/25/Obama-Boehner-Sincere-About-Getting-Immigration-Reform-Done

Obama: Boehner 'Sincere' About Getting Immigration Reform Done

by Tony Lee 25 Nov 2013, 3:12 PM PDT

On Monday, President Barack Obama said House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) was "sincere" in wanting to pass what will add up to comprehensive immigration reform.

During a speech in San Francisco, Obama mentioned that Boehner last week said immigration reform is "absolutely not" dead and emphasized that those remarks were "good news."

"I believe the Speaker is sincere," Obama said. "I think he genuinely wants to get it done. And I think that's something to be thankful for this week."

Obama also said other House Republicans feel the same way, echoing the remarks of Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL), who said his "Republican friends" have told him that they wanted to pass various pieces of immigration reform, including a pathway to citizenship, that add up to the "full" comprehensive immigration reform package.

Though Boehner has said he would not go to conference on the existing Senate bill, he has not ruled out going to conference on some piecemeal bills. As he did last week, Obama said he did not care if immigration reform was broken up into different pieces so long as all of the pieces that made up comprehensive immigration reform passed.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline MBB1984

Re: Obama: Boehner 'Sincere' About Getting Immigration Reform Done
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 04:03:32 pm »
I pray not.  Leave it to Boehner to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory, by supporting the leftist amnesty and dividing Republicans.

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 04:20:40 pm »
I pray not.  Leave it to Boehner to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory, by supporting the leftist amnesty and dividing Republicans.

When you see the number of self destructive things Republicans do, I can only come up with three explanations:

1 - Republicans are unbelievably stupid.
2 - They are being paid, and money talks. Even if it's destructive to future Republicans, the ones taking the money will be ok.
3 - They just don't want to win, they prefer being the minority party.

They're all viable explanations, but I vote a combination of 2 and 3.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 05:40:23 pm »
Didn't Bohner say he was retiring after this term? If that is true....then you know he will do it. Heck he is going to do it either way. Just more so if he doesn't have to worry about running again.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 09:41:45 pm »
Karl Rove's American Crossroads has given $100,000 to the fight to pass amnesty.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 09:46:19 pm »
I'm sincere about doing all I can to make sure Boehner becomes nothing more than a footnote in history REAL soon!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 09:49:02 pm »
I'm sincere about doing all I can to make sure Boehner becomes nothing more than a footnote in history REAL soon!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 03:26:52 am »
[[ I pray not.  Leave it to Boehner to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory, by supporting the leftist amnesty and dividing Republicans. ]]

With all the talk in the last few weeks about how the Republicans' futures are suddenly looking so good vis-a-vis the 'rats in November 2014 --- if Boehner goes Vichy on amnesty, it could drive a stake through any hope of the Pubbies winning control of the Senate, or even to holding on to the House.

With consequences for 2016, as well.