Author Topic: Obama: 'Sometimes People Forget I'm Not Running for Office Again'  (Read 585 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/obama-sometimes-people-forget-im-not-running-office-again_768205.html

Obama: 'Sometimes People Forget I'm Not Running for Office Again'
Jeryl Bier
November 25, 2013 5:42 PM

At a stop in San Francisco on a three-day fund raising swing along the West Coast, President Obama said during a speech that "sometimes people forget I'm not running for office again."  The president was talking about Republicans in Congress and the immigration reform that he is trying to get through the House:

And some of them even forget that I'm -- sometimes people forget I'm not running for office again.  Michelle doesn’t forget.   (Laughter and applause.)  So you don’t have to worry about this somehow being good for me.  This is good for the country.   It's the right thing to do for the American people.

A remark the president made at his first stop on the tour, the Seattle home of Jon Shirley, may give some insight into why some forget the president isn't running again:

Well, first of all, let me just thank Jon for the second time for his incredible hospitality.  And I think it’s fair to say that between Nancy and me and Steve Israel, we do a lot of events.  I will say that this particular space is one of the more spectacular venues for an event.

The president's schedule lists several Democrat party events for Monday alone:

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Obama: 'Sometimes People Forget I'm Not Running for Office Again'
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 01:11:17 pm »
It's not that we want him to work, it's just that we hate paying for him to perpetually campaign.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 01:39:15 pm »
Well, neither was Stalin.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 02:02:30 pm »
The absolute, utter gall of this man is staggering. His instinctive need to continuously poke his finger in the eyes of his opponents makes him truly insufferable.

All he ever does is campaign, make photo-op speeches and conduct fund-raisers at the homes of the wealthy. He knows that no one needs a reminder that he can't run for office again, but he says it anyway and in his usual "straw man" fashion, "There are some who say: blahblahblah..."

Obama is both dishonest and disingenuous. He demeans and dismisses those with whom he disagrees. He has created a trail of destruction in his wake such as might never be repaired, and blamed the damage on others for good measure. The man is an ambulatory disaster who spins up antagonism and hurls animosity around like a tornado, wherever he goes.

And, sadly, he's still on the ground in search of more things that other people "didn't build", to wreck.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 02:21:56 pm »
Obama makes me physically ill.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 02:54:59 pm »
Obama forgets he is not running for office, since he spends all his time campaigning.