Author Topic: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science
« on: November 25, 2013, 09:01:25 pm »
I buy it, especially this part:
Researchers discovered that men with beards and moustaches actually enjoy numerous benefits including, but not limited to, instant handsomeness.
; and I say this without prejudice even though I have a beard. It just seems so true.

Gentlemen, they’re not just for hipsters and the homeless any more. While both dead sexy and totally awesome, beards are also a boon to your overall health. Researchers discovered that men with beards and moustaches actually enjoy numerous benefits including, but not limited to, instant handsomeness.

study from the University of Southern Queensland, published in the Radiation Protection Dosimetry journal, found that beards block 90 to 95 percent of UV rays, thereby slowing the aging process and reducing the risk of skin cancer. Got asthma? Pollens and dust simply get stuck in that lustrous facial hair. Additionally, all that hair retains moisture and protects against the wind, keeping you looking young and fresh-faced. What’s more, shaving is usually the cause of ingrown hairs and bacterial infections that lead to acne.

Have you tossed your razor in the trash yet?

To conduct the study, researchers left bearded mannequins, along with less attractive, follically-challenged ones, in the blistering sun of the Australian outback and then compared the amount of radiation absorbed by each.

But don’t forget to take care of those blessed follicles; beards can also spread infection if not properly cared for and make consumption of certain foods (e.g. cheeseburgers, corn on the cob, falafel sandwiches—anything with hummus actually, bagel ‘n’ schmear, syrupy pancakes) rather laborious. Fuzzy-faced men would be wise to take advantage of beard wash and beard oil, essential tools for looking and feeling your beardy best.

I anticipate resistance which I must forestall. Anyone who objects to beards, or dislikes them, male or female, is merely expressing their jealousy because they cannot grow one. And that's a fact.  :tongue2:

http://rawforbeauty.com/blog/beards-keep-you-young-healthy-handsome-says-science.html
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Liberal_Spy

Re: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 09:11:27 pm »
The clean cut look never went away after I got out of the Army. Beards are just more unnecessary maintenance. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 09:13:54 pm »
Thought this was about Michelle Obama.... :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 12:38:33 am »

FEAR THE BEARD!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 12:42:16 am »
Not crazy about beards - though if it came with Blake Shelton attached I could be convinced to adjust my thinking.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 01:54:50 am »
I had a mustache since high school. The only time I ever shaved it was in Navy Bootcamp. In a better decade some say I was a dead ringer for Tom Seleck, and looking back at some of my old photos maybe I was.   Grew  a beard once, until I was told the dead ringer look-a-like was now Jesus. The Prince of Peace look was not really what I was shooting for so off it came. Still have the mustache, but unless Tom is also mostly balled, and about 45 pounds overweigt, I don't think there is much of a chance of me still being mistaken for him.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 02:03:00 am »
Thought this was about Michelle Obama.... :laugh:

hehehe!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 02:10:09 am »
Damn right.  And I can't say enough about not having to shave every morning.

Offline TheMom

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 02:13:05 am »
Not crazy about beards - though if it came with Blake Shelton attached I could be convinced to adjust my thinking.

:silly: :silly: :silly:
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.