Author Topic: Juan Williams: White House calls GOP opposition to Obamacare 'original sin'  (Read 521 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.examiner.com/article/juan-williams-white-house-calls-gop-opposition-to-obamacare-original-sin

November 25, 2013
After meeting with President Obama about the failing healthcare law, Juan Williams said on Fox News Sunday that the White House now views GOP opposition to the law as the "original sin," Newsbusters reported. Worse yet, Williams made an argument that Tom Blumer said essentially comes down to, "It's Bush's fault."

"Well, you know, I got to go talk with the president and senior officials at the White House this week, and this topic came up. Their position is, look, ObamaCare inherits all the problems of health care generally, but no one was promising that everyone was going to the executive suite at the Mayo Clinic," he said. "The idea is that you had people who were uninsured, people who were underinsured, and what the Affordable Care Act does is it sets minimum standards for networks, to make sure people have someplace to go, and there were so many people who had no place to go, and that's what they were addressing in trying to put in place this program."

Williams wasn't finished, however.

"And yet I mean, the attacks, I think this is just, again, more attacks coming from Republicans who don't like the plan. Guess what? I've gotten that message," he said.

"I think the president and the White House has gotten it, they don't like it. It's what the White House now calls the original sin. They cannot work or expect Republicans to work with them to fix the plan," he added.

Blogger Ann Althouse observed that Obama repeatedly made promises he knew he wouldn't keep and, she added, "he did it to get the law passed, and people are outraged over that."

"The White House talking point is to state a promise that Obama didn't make, as if to shift responsibility to the imaginary people who imagined they'd get that imaginary promise met," she added.

She also shredded Williams' attack, calling his "fallacy" an "ad hominem."

"The attacks should be disregarded because of who is making them: Republicans," she said, observing that the criticisms of the law are not just coming from Republicans.

Now, she added, "Republicans are exiled from the Garden of Legislating. They cannot be worked with, for they have committed The Original Sin."

Blumer notes that Republicans have presented ideas on fixing health care, but the administration has rejected them, opting instead for a one-size-fits-all state-controlled approach heavy on mandates that is "utterly failing to create a viable outlet for those it claimed it would help."

Ironically, Obama claimed that he's “not a particularly ideological person” while speaking at a fundraiser in Seattle on Sunday.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34