Author Topic: Obama tells donors: 'I'm not a particularly ideological person'  (Read 577 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama tells donors: 'I'm not a particularly ideological person'
« on: November 25, 2013, 02:55:58 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/191291-obama-im-not-a-particularly-ideological-person

November 25, 2013, 07:09 am
Obama tells donors: 'I'm not a particularly ideological person'

By Rebecca Shabad

President Obama told donors Sunday night that he's not "particularly ideological." He made the comment at one of two Democratic fundraisers he attended in Seattle.

”I’m not a particularly ideological person,” Obama said, according to the White House pool report. “There’s things, some values I feel passionately about.” Those include, he said, making sure “everybody gets a fair shake” and “everybody being treated with dignity or respect, regardless of what they look like or who they are.”

Congress, Obama said, is the “biggest barrier and impediment” to achieving progress. He added that, without politics, there’s strong agreement on how to tackle infrastructure, immigration reform, early childhood education and investing in science and research.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) attended the event, and Obama said she’s “soon-to-be speaker again.”

“More than anything, what we’re looking for is not the defeat of another party, what we’re looking for is the advancement of ideas,” he said. “But to do that we’re going to need Nancy Pelosi as speaker because there’s a lot of work to be done right now.”

At the event, Obama also acknowledged Washington Democratic Reps. Rick Larsen, Susan DelBene and Derek Kilmer, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D), and New York Rep. Steve Israel, who serves as chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

Obama spoke for about 10 minutes at the fundraiser, which was held at the home of Jon Shirley, the former president of Microsoft.

The president continues on to San Francisco Monday for more fundraisers, and is expected to address immigration reform.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Millee

Re: Obama tells donors: 'I'm not a particularly ideological person'
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 02:57:35 pm »
And since every word out of his mouth is a lie.....   :shrug:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 03:13:18 pm »
The 2014 election is vital to the Authoritarians - they ae already working on cheating.  They are going to cheat this away from us & the GOP's strategy is to let the debacles play out and the public will finally wake up.  This is not a winning strategy!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 03:20:42 pm »
The never-ending fundraising and campaign tour.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 03:52:29 pm »
Why does he keep saying these STUPID things...............

oh...........wait.................   
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 04:08:55 pm »
Liberals are like children who believe in Santa Claus. They want to believe, because when they stop believing, the thrill will be gone.